What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balkans Super League 2020 Teams and Format

yakstorm

First Grade
Any word on why the Greek teams pulled? Because of the governing board strife I imagine?

From my understanding, pretty much. The fact they struggle to be able to organise grounds, can't really communicate when games will take place and have to kick off at obscure times, it made it difficult for all involved.

The hope is they'll return as arguably they are possibly the closest to challenging Serbian clubs for the title.

Bigger concern for me is where have the Albanian clubs gone? Greece at least is self sufficient, but Albania really doesn't have the framework to run on their own as far as I'm aware.

deluded pom?

Coach
From my understanding, pretty much. The fact they struggle to be able to organise grounds, can't really communicate when games will take place and have to kick off at obscure times, it made it difficult for all involved.

The hope is they'll return as arguably they are possibly the closest to challenging Serbian clubs for the title.

Bigger concern for me is where have the Albanian clubs gone? Greece at least is self sufficient, but Albania really doesn't have the framework to run on their own as far as I'm aware.
I believe the Tirana club have tweeted that they are looking at joining the Greek league.

Latest posts