What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Stripping Good or Bad?

newyboy

Juniors
This current spate of 3 in a tackle with one persons whole purpose is to get hold of the ball and then two drop off and they reef the ball out is a stain on the game.

It's not about ball security anymore. When you have the ball carrier trying to cop 3 people on them when one persons whole purpose is to get a grip on the ball better than you have.

Thoughts?

TheVelourFog

First Grade
should never be allowed to strip the ball, it is a ridiculous rule

having said that, without it my team probably doesnt win a premiership so swings and roundabouts

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Sterlo said it best on the 9 coverage. It's a contest that the game doesn't have much of anymore compared to other codes (pretty much every play in union, throw ins and bounces in afl)

source.gif

Iafeta

Referee
It’s like the 7 tackle rule. So if you try to win the game with a field goal you get penalised for trying to win the game. If you knock on in trying to force the ball for a try, you get penalised. It was never intended for that. That’s not what it was brought in. I don’t believe the way teams are holding blokes and then in an act of synchronised diving peeling off so one man who has been massively assisted in slowing momentum by others then can steal the ball.

Our game has an amazing ability to not think through how easy it is to manipulate poorly thought out rules.

Tiger5150

Bench
I agree. Its a skill and a valuable contest for the ball one on one, but as others have said this orchestrated dropping off to strip the ball is ridiculous and unfair. As soon as a second player lays a hand on the man with the ball it should be over for the strip.

Zadar

Juniors
It’s a wrestle for the ball now, as well as wrestling in tackles, rubbish rule with no skill involved, just 3 on one brute strength.