What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangers vs Aussies - 1st Test

IanG

Coach
Well no rest for the Aussies. The first test starts on Sunday. So this thread is for all discussion on the First test between Bangladesh and Australia. I don't think Australia will have much trouble here. Though as we found out the hard way last year in Cardiff, Stranger things have happened. (That Horse Becoming Pope For One)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I more interrested to see what team we name.

Clarkey in and Hussey to open, or Jaques straight swap for Langer.

Keen to see Dizzy get a run but I think Lee and Clarke, will be hte first two with McGilla and Warnie on those spin friendly sub continent wickets.

More bluegabgs is what the Aussie team needs.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Phil Jaques
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Damien Martyn
5. Michael Hussey
6. Michael Clarke (2nd Spin option)
7. Adam Gilchrest
8. Shane Warne
9. Brett Lee
10. Jason Gillespie
11. Stuart Clark
12th man Symonds

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good idea but aint gonna happen

Symonds will play

I'd say they will open with Huss and Clarkie will come in and Jaques wont play

McGilla will play on the turners, and hopefully we get to see Dizzy back on deck if its not a turner

Y2Eel

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
1. Phil Jaques
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Damien Martyn
5. Michael Hussey
7. Adam Gilchrest
8. Shane Warne
9. Brett Lee
10. Jason Gillespie
11. Stuart Clark
12th man Symonds

lets hope thats the team..

let em bring symonds on as a sub to field basically thats all he good for

Pistol

Coach
That could be an option Twizzle. With Hohns gone, they may well take up the option of elevating Huss to the opening spot. Hohns wasnt too keen on it when Jaques played the Boxing Day Test saying that he preferred Huss in the middle order seeing as he "made such a good fist of it"

willvillain

Juniors
When did Dizzy chop the mop off? Just saw him on the news, and don't remember it happening! I figured it would've been a big thing when he chopped it off and it has completely passed me by!

Hopefully Gillespie is the reverse of Samson, and by cutting his hair off he regains his powers....

aussies1st

Staff member
I would love to see Jaques get a chance. But that would mean Clarke won't get a go. Oh well we know one more NSWmen will be going into the side. :D

Pistol

Coach
Logic would suggest that Jaques be given a go. But then again, logic has been missing in some recent selections.

Symonds has a good day every now and then. If the selectors go for stewy and Warney, then its obviously he that takes the third seamer role.

But how often can he be afforded chances. Hughes said during the series with South Africa here in Australia, he was in the side for his batting. Bowling was only a string to his bow. His scores recently havent instilled confidence that he can produce regularly.

griffo346

First Grade
Originally Posted by Big Mick ©
1. Phil Jaques
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Damien Martyn
5. Michael Hussey
7. Adam Gilchrest
8. Shane Warne
9. Brett Lee
10. Jason Gillespie
11. Stuart Clark
12th man Symonds

i would like to see that but i dont think it will happen also i know im a harsh critic but i would prefer clarke in and martyo out with macca as a 5th bowler :D

Leethal

Juniors
Pistol said:
With Hohns gone, they may well take up the option of elevating Huss to the opening spot.

Please God, let sanity prevail and keep a player thriving in his current spot where he is and give a young fella practice in his future role.....

Schijt hoofd

Juniors
We will win these tests no matter who plays unless it rains for 3 days.

I hope we go with-

Hussey
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Gilly
Warne
Lee
MacGill
Clark

Pistol

Coach
Leethal said:
Please God, let sanity prevail and keep a player thriving in his current spot where he is and give a young fella practice in his future role.....

I agree. Hohns was an advocate for Huss staying in the middle order when Jaques made his debut when Langer was injured

Red Bear

Referee
Not sure what Symonds has done to deserve to make the side but im sure he will find is way there.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If Mark Waugh takes Hohns spot i could see Aus going in with this side:

Greg Mail
Michael Hussey
Ricky Ponting
Dominic Thorney
Michael Clarke
Aaron O'Brien
Brad Haddin
Matthew Nicholson
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Doug Bollinger

12th man: Simon Cook

Drinks carrier: Corey Richards.

Ricky Ponting could quite possibly come back from this tour with a better batting average than Bradman the way he is batting. I fell sorry for the poor bangladesh bowlers.