What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangladesh in NZ

Meth

Staff member
3 ODI's, 3 T20's and 2 Test Matches.

Obviously, we can't underestimate these blokes. However, it would be good for us to use this series to get our shit together after a debacle of a series in Australia.

Can we please piss Henry Nicholls off immediately? Taylor will be welcomed back, but the longer we keep Nicholls around, the longer we're fooling ourselves thinking he's the future. (The Border comparison was laughable)

I am not totally sold on Latham opening (although he has been good at times). I came to love the uber aggressive opening pair of McCullum and Guptill and wondered if perhaps Munro might be McCullum's successor. Seems odd to have Munro and de Grandhomme (although neither is cemented in the team and it would be odd to have Latham and Watling). I really don't know who bats #5- but it looks as if Munro and de Grandhomme have the inside running right now and the latter could be of some value bowling in our conditions at least.

Could this work?

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Brownlie/de Grandhomme- depending on the wicket
Neesham
Watling
Santner (or Sodhi)
Henry (or Milne)
Southee
Boult

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The kiwis will beat the bangers in all formats although the odi series will be closest. The test matches could be one sided, Bangladesh have improved but away from home on seaming pitches or swing they'll struggle.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think its great to see the Kiwis getting so much cricket now days, even if it is only the Bangers, some of the droughts you guys have been through have been completely unjustified.

Its test cricket and a chance to look at some depth

vvvrulz

Coach
Can't muck around with Bangladesh now, they're starting to emerge the same way Sri Lanka did in the mid 90s. Play to our best and we should win, but they're more than capable of winning pockets of matches in any format and all it takes from us is a brain fade.

Iafeta

Referee
Tom Lathams a part time keeper isn't he? They can't go back to BJ. Not ODI standard with the bat.

Ferguson will be back playing for Featherston against Martinborough. Massive plodder.

So I'd swing the ax on Watling and Ferguson. Taylor and a keeper in their places. I still think Munro and CDG have something to offer.

Meth

Staff member
NZ ODI squad
Kane Williamson (capt), Trent Boult, Neil Broom, Lockie Ferguson, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Colin Munro, James Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee

In: Neil Broom, Luke Ronchi

Out: BJ Watling, Todd Astle, Henry Nicholls

Meth

Staff member
So, we're probably looking at...

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Neesham
Munro
De Granhomme
Ronchi
Santner
Southee
Henry
Boult

Meth

Staff member
Currently watching Broom deal with Southee, Boult and Santner pretty comfortably.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He has played for you guys previously hasn't he

I seem to remember all the sweep shot jokes

Meth

Staff member
Played a crucial support role to Grant Elliott in that series to chase down an Australian total...aside from that, never really achieved much. Seems to have improved his game playing county cricket in England and is supposedly a good player of spin, so might just be for Bangladesh.

vvvrulz

Coach
So, we're probably looking at...

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Neesham
Munro
De Granhomme
Ronchi
Santner
Southee
Henry
Boult

Broom has to come in and replace someone between 4-6, we simply cannot afford to carry three guys who offer about the same.

Meth

Staff member
What do you think of experimenting...bringing Munro up to open and putting Latham at 4 or 5.

JJ

Immortal
Be tempted to go without Latham tbh - don't see him as an ODI player

Broom has to play, presumably bat 4 or 5 - I'd want Munro at 4, if only to see if he can - that said, Neesham was pretty good at 4 in Aust