What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
I am surprised this news is not up on here already.

When we consider that he is all your attack what he has done must be pretty full on.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Ben-Barba-Stood-Down-Indefinitely/68872

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have today confirmed that Ben Barba will be suspended indefinitely from all contractual duties until further notice.
The Club has also advised the National Rugby League today that Ben will not participate in the NRL’s season launch on Wednesday night where he was due to officially open the 2013 season.
The decision to suspend Ben indefinitely comes after the Club was informed of a number of behavioural issues.
“Whilst we all know the undoubted on-field attributes and abilities that Ben displays, we must always maintain our focus on the more important issues of personal development and accountability,” Chief Executive Officer Todd Greenberg said.
“It is our hope that the media and the many rugby league fans understand and respect the need for privacy in order for Ben and his family to make the relevant adjustments that are required for him to return to the playing field.”
Please find below a statement from Ben Barba in relation to his indefinite suspension from all duties with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs:
“Today is a very difficult day for me as I feel I’ve let my family, children, Club and supporters down.
“My issues relate to seeking help for personal issues that I face day to day.
“I’m incredibly sad to be stepping aside as I’ve been so blessed with what’s happened to me over the past few years, but I feel as though I would be wearing a mask if I didn’t confront the matters I’ve been dealing with until now.
“I feel it is best to deal with these problems front on and I believe that by doing so this will make me a better person and player in the future.
“This will be a step by step process for me and whilst I hope to return to football soon, I hope that through this next period you can respect my privacy so that sooner rather than later I can return to playing rugby league as best I can.
“When I do, I hope that everybody sees a better person.”

TALENted

Juniors
Will Jayne aZzopardi b asking q's at today's press conference? I just hope no one replies back from an half open window?

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
Looks like he could be gone for six months.

Feel sorry for the people who backed them to win the comp.

They may not even make the eight without him.

STG 002

First Grade

Johnny Tobin's back posting on the Dogs forum. Only good news hey Johnny.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Probably not much in here because it's got a multi-page thread in the NRL section.

Not much to add really, just give him the space he needs and let the professionals deal with his issues.

Bulldog Force

Referee

I think you misinterpreted what was said. Greenberg said that he could be gone for 6 weeks, he could be gone for 6 months (in other words, he doesn't know how long it's going to take). Who knows he could be back by round 3?!?!

GuardDog

Juniors
Its unfortunate that Benny cant play for a while.I prefer he sorts out his problems before he comes back on field. We have decent depth to cover his unfortunate absence.In Des Hasler we trust.Adversity can do wonders in rallying team together.I am still confident of a top6 spot.

I hope he's ok and not gunna do anything silly.

I thought the press conference whilst gave little away was interesting in the way some of the answers were phrased.