What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barcelona FC Ventila el Hilo

Ridders

Coach
he looked good in the limited starts he had at Man U, although alot of them were at right back. Barcelona definitely need to strengthen the defense, at least this is a start

Abz

Juniors
I think a good starting side (11 players) of Barca are linked to be going elsewhere this off season. f**k!!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
He is going to be a star, some of our supporters though he was a bit slow for England but IMO that's bullsh*t. He did well at Zaragoza and he's from Barça, and with a bit more experience including champion's league, he will be great for you.

The price annoys me a bit, we paid more than 3 times that for Nani. We really have sh*t negotiators, I'd hate to think of how much we would have paid if we were buying him from you.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
He is going to be a star, some of our supporters though he was a bit slow for England but IMO that's bullsh*t.
The problem is that you can get away with one slow centreback, but not two. Which meant that Pique could never partner Vidic at the back if Rio was out. Our other great centreback talent, Jonny Evans, will take Pique's position, and his extra pace means he'll be able to partner either Rio or Vidic.

Pique is an awesome talent. Think Rio without the pace, but with extra ball-playing ability. As long as Barca partner him with someone fast he'll develop into one hell of a defender.

As for his price, he only had one season left on his contract. If we hadn't sold him now he would've left for free next season.

fish eel

Immortal
The problem is that you can get away with one slow centreback, but not two. Which meant that Pique could never partner Vidic at the back if Rio was out. Our other great centreback talent, Jonny Evans, will take Pique's position, and his extra pace means he'll be able to partner either Rio or Vidic.

Pique is an awesome talent. Think Rio without the pace, but with extra ball-playing ability. As long as Barca partner him with someone fast he'll develop into one hell of a defender.

As for his price, he only had one season left on his contract. If we hadn't sold him now he would've left for free next season.

Also, if there is any league where lack of pace will find you out, it is the EPL

weasel

First Grade
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=539232&cc=3436

Great signing for Barcelona. He was amazing this season, I really don't how he managed to stay hidden in the french league for so long. But I'm very disappointed to see him leave Sevilla, and Barca got him at a bargain price, 14m euros was his release clause; they could have easily got six or seven million more, otherwise.

Abz

Juniors
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=539232&cc=3436

Great signing for Barcelona. He was amazing this season, I really don't how he managed to stay hidden in the french league for so long. But I'm very disappointed to see him leave Sevilla, and Barca got him at a bargain price, 14m euros was his release clause; they could have easily got six or seven million more, otherwise.

I thought it was a bit cheap when I saw it too. I haven't been monitoring him - how has his form been?

Abz

Juniors
Boys...
We've lost Deco, Eto'o (Sorry PWA) Ronaldinho and Zambrotta. Thoughts?

Bumble

First Grade
Deco's past it now, and Dinho just wants to party.

Hleb will do well for youse, and I think making a late move to take Lampard before Inter get him would be a perfect move for Barca.

Abz

Juniors
What do you guys think of our new Jersey? One side blue, one side red. Away kit is yellow. 3rd kit is our light blue stripes we used this year.

Dragooner

Bench
It actually isn't official. Eto'o said he's looking at a number of offers, including that of Kuruvchi.

The thing with Eto'o is that he has been playing as if he wants out. The Champs League Semi-Final performance wrapped up. He showed no urgency for the ball, and really didn't look like he wanted to work in conjunction with his team-mates. He was playing to leave.

He had to go, he had to move on, because he just didn't want top perform at Barca.