What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett withdraws from training with injury

Sleep

Juniors
How long are they going to give Barrett to come good? Sunday at the latest you'd have to think.

Campese would be the best option to bring back. Knowing Bellamy though he'll rush Steve Turner or Anthony Quinn into the side. :lol:

Wing needs to come off the bench and spark us. Four forwards on the bench won't work.

Meth

Staff member
So what, Wing to five-eighth? Who comes in? Campese? Lewis is out...

mxlegend99

Referee
If Craig Wing starts at 5/8, it would have to be between Ben Hornby or Michael Ennis to start on the bench, surely?

Michael Ennis would essentially just cover the same role Craig Wing would have had, while Ben Hornby would just cover the generic utility role that Luke Lewis would have covered.

GB!

Juniors
how would poor campo be feeling, wondering if the phone will ring...?
wonderng whether to tell them to get f*cked or yes i'll play?

lyon got manly to a GF playing 5/8 last year, i'm sure he could still play there.
then bring in morris or cooper for centre

Raider_69

Post Whore
Too late to bring Mullen in?

I think so yes
He hasnt played with 90% of the squad and hasnt trained with them at all, at least Campo has trained with them a few weeks ago and played one origin with them, the combinations would still be there, particularly on his side where Jennings was replaced by his team mate and a bloke he works well with in Monaghan.

If Barrett is under any cloud what so ever, 1-0 down in a series, facing a record 4th straight loss, Campese must be brought back in immediately

He knows he needs to call for more ball, and im sure if given the chance he'll call for it and get it and do the job on the QLDers

and while you are it, drop one of those fairy backrowers and play TLL.

skeepe

Immortal
If Craig Wing starts at 5/8, it would have to be between Ben Hornby or Michael Ennis to start on the bench, surely?

Michael Ennis would essentially just cover the same role Craig Wing would have had, while Ben Hornby would just cover the generic utility role that Luke Lewis would have covered.

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs was originally called up to provide cover for Wing, so if they do move Wing to 5/8th (who don't forget is also under an injury cloud) based on that logic it should be TLL to come in.

Of course, the obvious option if Barrett is out is to recall Campese, but when have NSW ever taken the obvious option?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
you'd think with the short prep campese would be re-called.

but if they want experience put anasta there :sarcasm:

Godz Illa

Coach
Bring back TIMMINS

_39209210_timmins300.jpg

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs was originally called up to provide cover for Wing, so if they do move Wing to 5/8th (who don't forget is also under an injury cloud) based on that logic it should be TLL to come in.

Of course, the obvious option if Barrett is out is to recall Campese, but when have NSW ever taken the obvious option?

I thought TLL was on stand by for Gallen?

It would make sense to me if Wing comes off the bench or didnt play, he'd be replaced by another utility, not a forward

perverse

Referee
it would be ridiculous to bring mullen in at this late stage. the pressure on him would border on absolutely extreme and tbh he completely played himself out of a jersey against the warriors. he would have only 1 combination (gidley) in the entire team. Campese is the only logical choice based on the sole fact that he played in game 1.

it was too late to bring mullen the moment they named the Origin I team really. I've made my opinions of campese pretty well known lately... however he's pretty much the only option if they're going to bring a 5/8th in.

If barrett can't play i would shift wing to 5/8th and bring in ennis on the bench.

Ladmate

Bench
it would be ridiculous to bring mullen in at this late stage. the pressure on him would border on absolutely extreme and tbh he completely played himself out of a jersey against the warriors. he would have only 1 combination (gidley) in the entire team. Campese is the only logical choice based on the sole fact that he played in game 1.

it was too late to bring mullen the moment they named the Origin I team really. I've made my opinions of campese pretty well known lately... however he's pretty much the only option if they're going to bring a 5/8th in.

If barrett can't play i would shift wing to 5/8th and bring in ennis on the bench.

Ennis is a totally different style of player than Farah, no way he can ajust in 5 days.

DeeJ

Bench
NSW would be stupid not to bring in Campese. Mullen isn't the answer. He isn't in the class of player to suddenly put in a side on short notice and expect miracles and he doesn't have the experience.