What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Bonds

bucko

Juniors
Barry Bonds has just hit one of the biggest hits in a baseball match ever seen. It has cleared the stadium, gone ovr the road, and broken a window across the street. Unbelievable!!

Blade

Juniors
This was done at practice rather than during a match.

I'm almost certain of this.

BTW..

"... the only number I care about is Babe Ruth's. Because as a left-handed hitter, I wiped him out. That's it. And in the baseball world, Babe Ruth's everything, right? I got his slugging percentage and I'll take his home runs and that's it. Don't talk about him no more. It makes me sick!" -- Barry Bonds -- quoted by ESPN

It's comments like this that B. Bonds often says that doesn't appeal to me and many Baseball fans. Many claim he says quotes like the above with tongue-in-cheek, but the line should be drawn somewhere. When respect for past greats is no longer displayed, this is where the line should never be crossed.

My OP.

GBT

Juniors
bucko said:
Barry Bonds has just hit one of the biggest hits in a baseball match ever seen. It has cleared the stadium, gone ovr the road, and broken a window across the street. Unbelievable!!

If it was your window, would you call the glaziers, or have it framed. :?

Blade said:
This was done at practice rather than during a match.

I'm almost certain of this.

BTW..

"... the only number I care about is Babe Ruth's. Because as a left-handed hitter, I wiped him out. That's it. And in the baseball world, Babe Ruth's everything, right? I got his slugging percentage and I'll take his home runs and that's it. Don't talk about him no more. It makes me sick!" -- Barry Bonds -- quoted by ESPN

It's comments like this that B. Bonds often says that doesn't appeal to me and many Baseball fans. Many claim he says quotes like the above with tongue-in-cheek, but the line should be drawn somewhere. When respect for past greats is no longer displayed, this is where the line should never be crossed.

My OP.

I had heard that Bonds had no respect for Babe Ruth, and wanted to wipe him out of the record books. I think it is racially motivated, as Bonds has more respect for Hank Aaron and Willie Mays (his godfather).

By most accounts, Bonds is a surly, arrogant, unlikeable person, who has very little to do even with his teammates in the locker room.