What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry O’Farrell takes over as Chair

Tigerm

First Grade
At least he is a tiger fan, we will see what happens. I am hopeful it is a positive move for us.

Tiger05

First Grade
Give the bloke a go first before slamming him.

Wasn't a fan of his as premier but it's a completely different role.

I thought that was over the top as well. Marina Go copped and she was great.

My take is good on them for making the announcement so quick

gordsy

Juniors
I think he's a chance of going ok. He knows how to deal with merkins being in politics so he can deal with the boards as well as green-nerd. Plus he may be able to sway the big end of town to invest or at least do us some favours. Just think 5 years ago we probably would have gone with someone totally geniused like that old useless merkin dawn fraser.

I think he's a chance of going ok. He knows how to deal with merkins being in politics so he can deal with the boards as well as green-nerd. Plus he may be able to sway the big end of town to invest or at least do us some favours. Just think 5 years ago we probably would have gone with someone totally geniused like that old useless merkin dawn fraser.

Being in the liberal party you would expect he has many business connections and with a bit of luck he can get some of those donors to donate to us......at arms length of course

super_coach

First Grade
I think he is a great pick. He has very good media skills,he is well connected in the big end of town, he ran a government, he is a Tigers man. To me I could not give a rats what his political background is, as long as he has the skills for the job and from where I sit he has those skills

gordsy

Juniors
If it helps us sort out the mess re the leagues club development at rozelle then who cares.

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
If it helps us sort out the mess re the leagues club development at rozelle then who cares.

As the Chairman of Wests Tigers JV - The "old" Balmain Leagues Club site (and Yes I agree it's depressing driving past and seeing it in ruins) Is probably not within his brief at all. I'm pretty sure whatever is going on there is still in the hands of the Balmain Leagues Club (and therefore the reciever / administrator). That particular entity is still pursuing a development partnership with the sites new owner (a consortium called Grand Rozelle I believe). Balmain Leages Club still has a board and a Chairman (Leslie Glen). At one stage last year there was an attempt to get Wests Ashfield to look at taking ownership of the old site but that did not eventuate (which was probably a smart decision). As the 75% owner of the JV and NRL licence it's better to stay at arms length from something that has proven to be a millstone around the neck of the Balmain side of the JV.

The Rosco

Bench
As the Chairman of Wests Tigers JV - The "old" Balmain Leagues Club site (and Yes I agree it's depressing driving past and seeing it in ruins) Is probably not within his brief at all. I'm pretty sure whatever is going on there is still in the hands of the Balmain Leagues Club (and therefore the reciever / administrator). That particular entity is still pursuing a development partnership with the sites new owner (a consortium called Grand Rozelle I believe). Balmain Leages Club still has a board and a Chairman (Leslie Glen). At one stage last year there was an attempt to get Wests Ashfield to look at taking ownership of the old site but that did not eventuate (which was probably a smart decision). As the 75% owner of the JV and NRL licence it's better to stay at arms length from something that has proven to be a millstone around the neck of the Balmain side of the JV.
I'm sure Benny would be able to fill us in regarding the present state of affairs with the site.
Judging by his opinions on whatever TV show is desperate enough to have him, his undying love for the club, his throbbing desire to see the club return to it's former glory, would mean he'd love to help out and give us an update.
His Black, white and orange blood would obviously preclude him from asking for a fee for such a miniscule service.
Yeah, right !