What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle of the Dolphins

mightybears

Bench
last 2 weeks barry dick's page has published 2 anti gc pro redcliffe letters [re the name not the bid] in the friday courier mail

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
I want to see this go to court
a win to redcliffe which i doubt

would set a very dangerous precident

If the CC Bears ever get the nod Burleigh could kick up stink.

I think scumcliffe are sooks
if they wanted the Dolphin name in the NRL why didnt they get off their bums and make a bid their supposed to be sooooooo rich.

As for the clown baggin micheal searle give yourself a triple he has worked tireless for 5 years to get the Gold Coast in the position they are in now he will be remembered as a League Legend of the South East.

mightybears

Bench
Sir Clifford GC said:
I want to see this go to court
a win to redcliffe which i doubt

would set a very dangerous precident

If the CC Bears ever get the nod Burleigh could kick up stink.

dangerous?
and re the CC bears and burleigh, are you kidding
its all about MARKETS
YOU SOUND LIKE RAZOR, CLIFFY

DIEHARD

----
I think the correct decision was made.

I do believe the Gold Coast had a case, but it may have been more of using the 'letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law.' A drama that would have been easily avoided.

Different opinions aside.

It just wasn't an option to go through the courts. Because it would be an extended battle and it would drag it all through the papers. And after all that you'd have to go through an appeal as well.

Meanwhile we want to play football in the NRL and win games.

It just isn't an option for a team whose priority is to field a team in the NRL not piss off half of southern Queensland.

We already have one NRL team based in Queensland that is the object of distain and we wouldn't want another one joining the ranks.

Everyone can be happy now and we wont have to endure a protracted legal battle.

ozbash

Referee
Hello Gold Coast, goodbye Dolphins

By Roy Masters

Gold Coast have removed a major obstacle to their proposed return to the premiership in 2007 by dropping the nickname Dolphins.

The bid team was involved in litigation with Queensland Cup club Redcliffe over the use of the name, and the Australian Rugby League sided with Redcliffe.

John McDonald, an ARL nominee to the NRL partnership board, told the Herald last Wednesday that Gold Coast could not expect to get back into the premiership as the Dolphins.

"We have resolved the drop the name," bid managing director Michael Searle said. "We'll go back to the drawing board and look for a new one. After a lot of soul-searching, we decided it was best not to take the matter to court."

It's understood they want another maritime name but the Sharks and the Orcas are taken