What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battrick

Mambo

Juniors
Hey I have just got into this. As an avid hattrick player its easy to adapt to this. Check it out.

Its basically an online cricket manager game. Easy to learn and play

http://195.149.144.130/nl/front.asp

Best thing is, the game isn't so popular yet and you can create a mad team on the cheap!

And also you can get good players in reasonable hours so no waiting until 4:00am to bid on players like hattrick.

Its worth a look for avid cricket fans/fanatics.

JTR

Juniors
Yeah - top game. I've been playing since the start and am well and truely hooked!

What team are you Mambo?

Mambo

Juniors
Johnny the Red said:
Yeah - top game. I've been playing since the start and am well and truely hooked!

What team are you Mambo?

I just joined.

Mambo XI

I'm in IV.52

I'm coming 7th out of 8 but am yet to win a game. The closest I have come is a 6 wicket loss but I've decided to up my player talent and upgrade my stadium significantly. Also finally have my youth and coaching sorted out. Now I just have to hope I don't go broke (its likely)

Hey JTR whats the best pitch to set for your stadium? I'm going for cracked and hope it brings the better teams down a few pegs.

Mambo

Juniors
1 William Kelly Opener Competent Batting R/H Batsman
2 Neil Wire Opener Respectable Batting R/H Batsman
3 Graham Blake First Drop Proficient Batting R/H Batsman
4 Nigel Roberts Middle Order Feeble Batting L/H Batsman
5 Rob Britton Middle Order Mediocre Batting R/H Batsman
6 Joe Frampton Middle Order Mediocre Batting R/H Batsman
7 Rich Peacock Wicket Keeper Competent Wicket Keeper R/H Batsman
8 Daniel Blewett All Rounder Mediocre Batting Mediocre Bowling L/H Batsman L/H Spin Bowler
9 Thomas Ottley © Bowling Mediocre Bowling L/H Fast Bowler
10 Phillip Griffin Bowling Mediocre Bowling R/H Medium Fast Bowler
11 Kevin Thorne Bowling Respectable Bowling R/H Medium Bowler
12 Duane Chaudry 12th man Feeble Batting Feeble Bowling R/H Batsman R/H Medium Pace
13 Ian Kennedy Feeble Wicket Keeper R/H Batsman
14 Tony Myers Woeful Wicket Keeper L/H Batsman L/H Fast Bowler
15 Matthew Olowe Woeful Bowling L/H Medium Bowler
16 Christopher Rogan Woeful Batting Woeful Bowling L/H Batsman L/H Fast Bowler
17 Matt Evans Feeble Bowling R/H Spin
18 Rob Baxter Mediocre Wicket Keeping R/H Batsman

JTR

Juniors
lol - I'm 7th too. I did ok in the cup, making it to round four, but up until last week I wasn't able to win a league game!

If you're upgrading your stadium, be careful to not make it too big too soon, especially if you're not winning games. The crowds dropped steadily once I started losing and my gate receipts have plumetted.
My stadium currently has a 10k capacity and this costs me around 15k/week to maintain. This is more than half the gate recepits I get each week if my crowds stay at their current level (~4000).

Re pitches... the game is still very new so I doubt anyone would have solid 'evidence' as to which is best/worst and the advantages/disadvantages of each. It's just a matter of trial and error really.
I tried flat for a while but didn't have much success so I'm gonna have a crack at green. I've got a couple of good seamers so hopefully it'll help them out.

That's a decent looking squad you got first up. Certainly much better than the one I got initially. For memory I had two competent batsmen and one competent bowler. I then had a few mediocres and all the rest were feeble or worse!

btw, Team = Ivory Coast 3rd XI, League = IV.22

lolesi

First Grade
#3 in lv.58, lost 1 game and i drop to damn 3rd.
NSW Region
Team : Southern Rebels.

Mambo

Juniors
lolesi said:
#3 in lv.58, lost 1 game and i drop to damn 3rd.
NSW Region
Team : Southern Rebels.

Can you play friendlies?

I was thinking if we can get some interest we could start a LU cup for battrick. we did it for hattrick and its lasted 5 seasons. Very popular. I'm sure the same could be done for this.

We already have 3 and battrick is only 6 weeks old.

Dakink

Bench
Tama's Terrors(934)

4th in iv.23
NSW

We should start a LU cup for battrick after next years cup.

JTR

Juniors
S2H said:
How much time does this game take? (can I play form work ;))
Currently the games being played are one dayers. There'll be three day games introduced in a season or two.
Anyway, assuming the game goes the full distance, it takes 6 and a 1/2 hours to complete. You don't 'play' it as such, rather just get a squad together, select where you want them to bat/bowl, who the captain and wikkie are, and send them out on game day.
When the game is on, it's pretty much the same as watching the ball by ball commentary on cricinfo.

JTR

Juniors
S2H said:
must be popular. I'm on the waiting list
Yeah, Australia is at the max at the moment. Currently there are only 680 spots available and they are all full. They'll be expanding the league when the current season is over (in about two months) so I would imagine all those still waiting will be accomodated.

At the time of writing there are 372 waiting.

Mambo

Juniors
My first battrick victory! And it only cost me 600,000 pounds! Shame i'll have to sell a chunk of that talent it appears. But at least the fans are happy. won by 7 wickets!

Mambo

Juniors
hows everyone's battrick teams performing?

had a close loss today. batted first and scored 295. They ran it down in 47.2 overs. Not bad considering two league games ago I scored a total of 79 chasing 300+ runs.

JTR

Juniors
Things are looking up for my guys. I had a run of about 5 or 6 losses in a row, but since then have won 7 straight (3 league/4 friendlies).
The next month should be a good indicator as to how 'real' this improvement is as I come back up against the 4 teams in my league that beat me in round 1.

Latest posts