What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bazza

bluefox1968

Juniors
Hold your head high Barry.
The only person from the shire with any integrity.......including the PM!

Whatever happens from now on, most people with any interest in rugby league will remember Barry Russell as 'the guy who dobbed his own club in, then bailed'...

You just Cronullified yourself, bro...!

Miller's inside ball will now be dispatched to the lowest rungs of Cronulla Sharks history, and will only come up as we remember the great second-rower...

So according Riccio on NRL Sports tonight the Sharks board knew Barry was resigning after this shyte was sorted.

So hopefully they have some stakes in the fire.

Oh and Barry has a sense of humour he leaves the Sharks on April 1st.

Whatever happens from now on, most people with any interest in rugby league will remember Barry Russell as 'the guy who dobbed his own club in, then bailed'...

You just Cronullified yourself, bro...!

Miller's inside ball will now be dispatched to the lowest rungs of Cronulla Sharks history, and will only come up as we remember the great second-rower...

Maybe lucky not to be remembered as the "guy that destroyed his own club."With so much shite happening at other clubs this off season,the hypocrisy of singling out the sharks for harsh punishment was probably too embarrassing , even for Beattie and Greenburg.

Sharkman

Juniors
I wasn't a fan of Bazza and the self reporting initially, especially when the rumours popped up that there were other "issues" being found.

However it turned out to be the right thing to do.

The fines were manageable, the premiership not at risk and the value of a "self reported" breach at NRL HQ (especially given the current clusterfg of an environment) with the simple response "we accept the penalties and move forward" can not be undersold. It's buried the story quickly and only the NRL themselves are to blame for dragging out the investigation so long.

Also, on stupidity alone, we deserved a fine. If the club didn't know that its' own representative couldn't establish a third party business to source TPAs, they were stupid. If they did know and did it anyway, they were stupid.

Generalzod

Immortal
A situation Bazza created, no one told him to self report he did it though got the coach sacked as well...I'm afraid I don't feel any sympathy at all.

Quicksilver

Bench
A situation Bazza created, no one told him to self report he did it though got the coach sacked as well...I'm afraid I don't feel any sympathy at all.

The problem is though, if nothing is done and people are still allowed to get away with these shenanigans, where would we be in 2 years or 5 years?

If people are doing the wrong thing they rarely pull themselves in to line and they often become more brazen.

This could have ended up 10x worse if it wasn't nipped in the bud now.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok, blame Bazza for anything whilst in charge, except the good stuff that was Flanno.

roger. roger