What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BB

carinashark

First Grade
I love this guy but the wind has gone from his attack. He had a few burst’s last night but where are the short grubbers Into the in goal . I’ve seen him totemic to often , center field waiting for the ball huge gaps in front of him and no runners. Or just a link in the chain passing.They must practice this at training , right? He has all the skills to be a locked in spine player and he tackles non stop for 80 min. Unleash the attack in the center ,it’s not working that well out on side line.

sladden road

Juniors
Needs to run at the line with ball in both hands.

look at what Grant did in the second half or the Cookie Monster does. Run Ferris, run.

R-15-3

Bench
Isn’t coping with the defence. Only if we had a back up that could start the game for 25 min then bring him on.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He tackles a lot but runs out of stamina by 50-60 minutes in hard games becuse he's still a weasel

He then starts making impulsive stupid decisions at the PTB i.e. in the last few weeks he has gone the wrong way when the side had big overlaps the other way.

He does not run against top teams, he only runs with any purpose against supposedly weaker oppostion.

His service out of DH when under fatigue gets really sloppy, he's thrown a number of low passes in recent weeks.

His D numbers are OK and he hits and sticks but has introduced a new technique called hit, stick and get carried 5 metres. Goes in too high for a midget. Doesn't help that the middle don't support him anymore. He's an easy target for your Nelson's and your Paulo's and others of that ilk because our A defenders are either lazy (Woods and TPP) or over enthusiastic (Toby) and none of them defend a unit.

His kicking game has stalled. Rarely does it and his on goalline kicks have reduced in efficacy.

I'd like to think these are just symptoms of the Shark Malaise in the club but am concerned that this is just him. I think Shark Malaise will be hard to arrest this year as new sypmtoms keep appearing to excerbate the malady.

R-15-3

Bench
He tackles a lot but runs out of stamina by 50-60 minutes in hard games becuse he's still a weasel

He then starts making impulsive stupid decisions at the PTB i.e. in the last few weeks he has gone the wrong way when the side had big overlaps the other way.

He does not run against top teams, he only runs with any purpose against supposedly weaker oppostion.

His service out of Fake when under fatigue gets really sloppy, he's thrown a number of low passes in recent weeks.

His D numbers are OK and he hits and sticks but has introduced a new technique called hit, stick and get carried 5 metres. Goes in too high for a midget. Doesn't help that the middle don't support him anymore. He's an easy target for your Nelson's and your Paulo's and others of that ilk because our A defenders are either lazy (Woods and TPP) or over enthusiastic (Toby) and none of them defend a unit.

His kicking game has stalled. Rarely does it and his on goalline kicks have reduced in efficacy.

I'd like to think these are just symptoms of the Shark Malaise in the club but am concerned that this is just him. I think Shark Malaise will be hard to arrest this year as new sypmtoms keep appearing to excerbate the malady.
Agree 100%! If he is in Fitz long term plans We need to manage his workload now before we destroy his body and confidence even more.

R-15-3

Bench
Again his body isn’t up to 80 min of first grade footy and tbh can’t seeing him ever being up to it, he is just to small. Can we temp the cheese on coming and playing 9 and McInnes 13 would have a solid defence platform set and 2 great leaders in the middle of the park.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Jayden just scored the winning try for Newcastle today.

We definitely need another 9, Blayke is getting burned out. He doesn’t seem to be up to it at the moment.

carinashark

First Grade
I think there is only room for one small man in this game of big men. That’s at 7. I have seen a lot of him and his brother . He has most of the skills of a 7 ,just think out of the box. At 9 we need some one bigger and meaner.

R-15-3

Bench
The more I think about it the more I want to test him out as a 7. His defence would hold up better as a 7, his running game would be given more space, when he slots into first receiver at times looks to have time and calm. Few 9s over the years have shown they can become a half. As stated above we can only have 1 small defender on the park. His got a decent kicking and passing game. Biggest problem we have is we don’t have anyone this season to fill the 9 to test him out.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The more I think about it the more I want to test him out as a 7. His defence would hold up better as a 7, his running game would be given more space, when he slots into first receiver at times looks to have time and calm. Few 9s over the years have shown they can become a half. As stated above we can only have 1 small defender on the park. His got a decent kicking and passing game. Biggest problem we have is we don’t have anyone this season to fill the 9 to test him out.

I don’t hate the idea. Get the Cheese to play 9.

Inferno

Coach
The younger Brailey is also a hooker isn't he, we could move him up when the time is right.

Could do worse.