What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 07

Who is your team?

• Total voters

callmack1

Staff member
I'm an idiot! Haha. Is there a way to edit it?
I really do enjoy watching Perth. They always put out a good side with a quality pace attack. Great team to watch play
Haha, I'm not sure how to change it.

Yeah the Scorchers have one of the best bowling line ups in the comp. Will be good to see more of Behrendorff this year and he will only strengthen that line up.

callmack1

Staff member
Great innings from the Heat, a real masterclass.

A lot of work to be done for the Stars and if they lose early wickets, they'll be stuffed.

I'm off to bed as it's getting late over here but I'm recording the second innings and will watch it tomorrow morning.

I can't see the Stars winning this one but crazier things have happened!!

Travitoh

First Grade
Dwayne Bravo has single-handedly turned this game around with the ball. Hobart were coasting before he came on.

callmack1

Staff member
Dwayne Bravo has single-handedly turned this game around with the ball. Hobart were coasting before he came on.
Sure did. He seemed to be bowling a lot more slower balls.

On another note, Hogg amazes me... he's 47 FFS and still going strong!! Haha

Pommy

Coach
I go for thunder as they are the closest team to me but I find it hard to really like any of the sides the names, colours etc are all rather uninspiring in my opinion.

Travitoh

First Grade
I thought the Strikers were 20 runs short tonight but the bowlers really stood up and played the wicket well.
They got away to a flyer and set the innings up really well but losing Head and Carey (terrible dismissal that could've cost them the game) so close to each other really slowed the innings down. Lehmann and Wells struggled to penetrate the field and i thought it was going to cost them.
Thunder struggled to get away in the powerplay overs thanks to some great bowling by Siddle and Stanlake as well as some good work in the field and then Rashid came on and looked class.
After the first few overs of the Thunder innings it felt that there would only be one result and it came through.
I do believe the Strikers can give it a shake this year and if Neser returns soon and adds a bit more power to the middle order it will go a long way.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I'm on holiday but am loving this BBL. My whole families been getting behind it and some of them aren't even big fans of cricket. The last few nights, we have all sat around and watched it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought the Strikers were 20 runs short tonight but the bowlers really stood up and played the wicket well.
They got away to a flyer and set the innings up really well but losing Head and Carey (terrible dismissal that could've cost them the game) so close to each other really slowed the innings down. Lehmann and Wells struggled to penetrate the field and i thought it was going to cost them.
Thunder struggled to get away in the powerplay overs thanks to some great bowling by Siddle and Stanlake as well as some good work in the field and then Rashid came on and looked class.
After the first few overs of the Thunder innings it felt that there would only be one result and it came through.
I do believe the Strikers can give it a shake this year and if Neser returns soon and adds a bit more power to the middle order it will go a long way.
Been so busy at work so only seen bits and pieces of the last few matches...

Travitoh

First Grade
Excellent game of cricket from the Scorchers tonight after being 3 for not many. Won pretty comfortably in the end.
Even down to the bare bones of their squad, Perth are a strong outfit that will go close again!
Andrew Tye is elite as a t20 bowler. Not many better than him, if any

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 you are kidding me mate.... 3/10 and they dig in and get to 142 and then they defend it again!!!!!

My Dad was worried all along saying they were gone and he has always gone for the Scorchers.....

Once Stoinis got out that was game over.....

Even depleted they go and produce that.......

callmack1

Staff member
Yep, last night was amazing! I seriously thought they were gone too but they dug in and got the job done, that is the sign of a champion side.

Pommy

Coach
For some reason tonight they haven't been showing what Thunder were at any given point, or if they have i haven't seen it.

Travitoh

First Grade
For some reason tonight they haven't been showing what Thunder were at any given point, or if they have i haven't seen it.

I noticed that too, i think it was to with target being revised by D/L/S after the rain interruption.
Good game but always felt Brisbane had their noses in front.