What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 07

Who is your team?

• Total voters

Pommy

Coach
I noticed that too, i think it was to with target being revised by D/L/S after the rain interruption.
Good game but always felt Brisbane had their noses in front.

It annoys me like going to brookie or shark park where they don’t have a try counter.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sure is. Not too bad with the ball too.

How good is it to see Chris Lynn back?! His innings was short but sweet haha.
I was very disappointed......

I just knew that wasn't quite enough runs....

When the Heat needed 30 off 15 I thought geez I'd like a Scorchers bowler......

Fielding let us down and McLenaghan was shithouse........

They always give hope and then they fall down..........

Travitoh

First Grade
I was very disappointed......

I just knew that wasn't quite enough runs....

When the Heat needed 30 off 15 I thought geez I'd like a Scorchers bowler......

Fielding let us down and McLenaghan was shithouse........

They always give hope and then they fall down..........

Everybody wishes they had a Scorchers bowler!

The Thunders biggest issue is that if Watson doesn't fire, they're in trouble. Sure, Buttler hasn't started well but the rest of the Thunder batsmen are unlikely to take the game away from the fielding side. They're there to support Watto.
Having had and lost players of the calibre of Kallis, Hussey, Russell and Khawaja for various reasons would leave a hole in any squad. It's hard to attract and replace top draw talent in the BBL due to player availability.
The Thunder has always seemed to rely on older players which leads to a constant need for replacements instead of upgrades.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Everybody wishes they had a Scorchers bowler!

The Thunders biggest issue is that if Watson doesn't fire, they're in trouble. Sure, Buttler hasn't started well but the rest of the Thunder batsmen are unlikely to take the game away from the fielding side. They're there to support Watto.
Having had and lost players of the calibre of Kallis, Hussey, Russell and Khawaja for various reasons would leave a hole in any squad. It's hard to attract and replace top draw talent in the BBL due to player availability.
The Thunder has always seemed to rely on older players which leads to a constant need for replacements instead of upgrades.
I'm feeling a bit better now watching how ordinary the Sixers are hahaha.....

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm feeling a bit better now watching how ordinary the Sixers are hahaha.....

Jump the gun a bit? Haha

I don't understand why Siddle didn't get a 4th over tonight. But that's two from two now for the Strikers and top of the league! Rashid Kahn is a talent, averages in the teens with the ball in all form of cricket.
Time is running out quickly for the Sixers but they're good enough to upset a few teams gunning for finals in the next few weeks.
I reckon Carey may not be far away from an ODI berth this summer.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jump the gun a bit? Haha

I don't understand why Siddle didn't get a 4th over tonight. But that's two from two now for the Strikers and top of the league! Rashid Kahn is a talent, averages in the teens with the ball in all form of cricket.
Time is running out quickly for the Sixers but they're good enough to upset a few teams gunning for finals in the next few weeks.
I reckon Carey may not be far away from an ODI berth this summer.
Seems I started them off hahaha.......

They did better than I thought in getting close....

It wouldn't shock me either if they go with Paine for the ODI's

Carey could get a go in the T20's...

callmack1

Staff member
Great bowling from the Scorchers tonight, first class.

I'm really enjoying the commentary with KP and Baz too!

New Years Eve will be a cracker! I've got a whole lot of people coming round for New Years celebrations and we'll be watching the Crick for sure, it's always good the New Years Eve game.

Rabbits20

Immortal

New Years Eve will be a cracker! I've got a whole lot of people coming round for New Years celebrations and we'll be watching the Crick for sure, it's always good the New Years Eve game.
I'm off work that night too so I'll watch it regardless of who's playing.....

Travitoh

First Grade

The Scorchers bowlers were great but i thought that the Renegades lost the game in the field. They were really poor early and leaked a good number of runs in a low run chase.
Still, it was a great game played out by two sides that will be thereabouts at the pointy end of the tournament.

Travitoh

First Grade
Jos Buttler going beast in Launceston!
I was discussing him with my housemate last night who's doing BBL fantasy, telling him that he won't fail for too much longer.
As i type this he gets bowled lol.
Hobart look poor. They're going to be whipping boys this tournament.

callmack1

Staff member
Jos Buttler going beast in Launceston!
I was discussing him with my housemate last night who's doing BBL fantasy, telling him that he won't fail for too much longer.
As i type this he gets bowled lol.
Hobart look poor. They're going to be whipping boys this tournament.
Yep, great innings from Buttler and it's a shame he couldn't keep going. He's hit two of the biggest I've seen so far this tournament.

Agree in regards to Hobart, they are just lacking the firepower if you ask me.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yep, great innings from Buttler and it's a shame he couldn't keep going. He's hit two of the biggest I've seen so far this tournament.

Archer looks good and Boyce is a decent leggie but the rest are quite average and below first class standard. Mills included.
They're ok with the bat but don't see the line up making enough to cover for their weaknesses with the ball.

Don't know what Watto was thinking there. Terrible running.

callmack1

Staff member
Archer looks good and Boyce is a decent leggie but the rest are quite average and below first class standard. Mills included.
Don't know what Watto was thinking there. Terrible running.
For sure bro. I like Clive Rose too, just got a wicket as I'm typing this lol!

Not sure what Watto was thinking either, there was never two there.

Travitoh

First Grade
For sure bro. I like Clive Rose too, just got a wicket as I'm typing this lol!

Not sure what Watto was thinking either, there was never two there.

Yeah, he's a decent bowler in t20 and can keep it tight but i feel that a finger spinner in this format needs to be able to bat too. Same goes with Green for the Thunder. They're not enough of a threat with the ball imo

Travitoh

First Grade
A better team (sorry R20) scores close to 200 tonight. Buttler and Watson really set it up nicely but guys like Ferguson and Gibson aren't going to accelerate from there.
The run chase will be interesting but I'll tip the Thunder to win from here.
I hope Sandhu bowls well because he's a guy who has really fallen away in recent seasons. Should be playing white ball cricket for Australia, not missing games for the Thunder.

Travitoh

First Grade
Ahmed and Nair have been great tonight. McClenaghan's best game for Thunder too.
Disappointing effort from Hobart but. I thought they would give it a good crack with Short, McDermott, Bailey and Christian at their disposal.

Tomorrow night should be a belter. Keen for it.
I'm taking my gf to the Strikers games this summer to introduce her to cricket. So far it's been a success!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yeah the Thunder.....

I enjoyed that.....

We play them again tomorrow at Spotless.......

Surely it'll be a good start to the new year??......

callmack1

Staff member
Ahmed and Nair have been great tonight. McClenaghan's best game for Thunder too.
Disappointing effort from Hobart but. I thought they would give it a good crack with Short, McDermott, Bailey and Christian at their disposal.

Tomorrow night should be a belter. Keen for it.
I'm taking my gf to the Strikers games this summer to introduce her to cricket. So far it's been a success!
Yep, Hobart were very disappointing.

Enjoy the Crick tomorrow night dude, I certainly will and I hope your gf comes around to it.

Yeah the Thunder.....

I enjoyed that.....

We play them again tomorrow at Spotless.......

Surely it'll be a good start to the new year??......
I'm still not convinced with the Thunder. I don't think the top four will change from what it is now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A better team (sorry R20) scores close to 200 tonight. Buttler and Watson really set it up nicely but guys like Ferguson and Gibson aren't going to accelerate from there.
The run chase will be interesting but I'll tip the Thunder to win from here.
I hope Sandhu bowls well because he's a guy who has really fallen away in recent seasons. Should be playing white ball cricket for Australia, not missing games for the Thunder.
Oh yeah I know that.....

Gibson isn't up to this level and Rohrer is not what he used to be at all....

I'm just enjoying every win and to finish above Sixers....

If we finish 5th or 6th with say 4 wins a losses 6 for example I'll take that.....

No need to be sorry.....
Yep, Hobart were very disappointing.

Enjoy the Crick tomorrow night dude, I certainly will and I hope your gf comes around to it.

I'm still not convinced with the Thunder. I don't think the top four will change from what it is now.
As I said above bro I'll take any win we can get........

It Watto fails we are stuffed but geez Callmack he's been very good thus far hasn't he??........

Top 4 of:

Scorchers
Heat
Renegades
Strikers

Stars may get into 4th but they need to start winning....

Rabbits20

Immortal
One would imagine after the last test that Khawaja will go back and play with the Thunder..... I hope he can loosen up a bit and go for it and build some confidence....