What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 2021-22 (Mens and Womens)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Could argue Sixers missing Dwarshuis and Braithwaite who both would normally be in the side

And no Smith and Hazlewood from last year victorious side. But they got a ton of quality across their squad. The Syndey Roosters of the BBL..

Problem with Stars (you touched on it with lack of depth) IMO looks like they have top loaded their cap money on 4 players by the looks , Maxwell, NCN, Zampa and Stoinis. All these 4 need to be in the side and performing at a premium. Once a couple of them are out, they will do it tough

Don't think Brathwaite is with them this season anymore apparently I'm wrong
Where were they? Injured, unavailable? They certainly didn't miss them lol

I don't really take the test players into account with squad depth, because the franchise knows they will be unavailable for the majority of the season, and have planned accordingly. The Sixers have done so brilliantly. As you said, tons of quality acrosss their squad. I fully expect they will be there or thereabouts come finals time. I wouldn't be too surprised if Smith and Hazlewood miss the BBL entirely due to the international cricket load on them both.

On the Stars, I can see why they spend big on Zampa, Stoinis and Maxwell... but Coulter-Nile hasn't played more than 7 games (which is about half the season?) since forever. Where as Zamps played 12, Maxi 13 and Stoinis 13 last season alone. NCN is a gun player when he's on...but he's only there half the time, and isn't always on form.

I don't rate our bowling line up at all. Take Zampa out, and you're left with either rookies (Crouch and Elliot) or those who are either too expensive, or can't really change a game (Hatcher, Rainbird). Probably one of the weaker, if not THE weakest bowling unit of the whole comp. I can see us having a season similar to the Gades of last season, if our big guns don't fire.

Hoping for a messiah type signing. Meant to be announced at 2PM. Strong rumours of it being Andre Russell

TheParraboy

Staff member
Don't think Brathwaite is with them this season anymore apparently I'm wrong
Where were they? Injured, unavailable? They certainly didn't miss them lol

I don't really take the test players into account with squad depth, because the franchise knows they will be unavailable for the majority of the season, and have planned accordingly. The Sixers have done so brilliantly. As you said, tons of quality acrosss their squad. I fully expect they will be there or thereabouts come finals time. I wouldn't be too surprised if Smith and Hazlewood miss the BBL entirely due to the international cricket load on them both.

On the Stars, I can see why they spend big on Zampa, Stoinis and Maxwell... but Coulter-Nile hasn't played more than 7 games (which is about half the season?) since forever. Where as Zamps played 12, Maxi 13 and Stoinis 13 last season alone. NCN is a gun player when he's on...but he's only there half the time, and isn't always on form.

I don't rate our bowling line up at all. Take Zampa out, and you're left with either rookies (Crouch and Elliot) or those who are either too expensive, or can't really change a game (Hatcher, Rainbird). Probably one of the weaker, if not THE weakest bowling unit of the whole comp. I can see us having a season similar to the Gades of last season, if our big guns don't fire.

Hoping for a messiah type signing. Meant to be announced at 2PM. Strong rumours of it being Andre Russell

Dwarshius was injured , Braithwaite is in the sixers squad this season, maybe covid protocol isolation? But yeah such the Sixers depth it dont matter

Smith and Hazlewood took sixers to another level back end of the comp last year. From memory they played 6-7 games each. Your right they may not play any BBL this year, they actually dont look like they are in the sixers squad this year. Though there is a window after the 5th ashes test, for test players to play in the BBL finals before the international white ball cricket commences

Stars need a huge overhaul IMO. Not sure what David Hussey offers? Heard him say a couple of times basically Maxwell runs the show. Thought Maddinson was worth holding onto but he is now at Renegades

King-Gutho94

Coach
All Sydney final this year

There are 3 awful sides- Stars, Strikers (no depth), Heat
Too early especially being a top 5 finals system. Like the old Rugby league finals system.

Things is also with T20 a team may scrape into 5th spot and just get on a roll in the space of the week as it only takes one player to have a day out and be in a hot streak

Khawaja for thunder in 16/17 case in point thunder won just half the games and come 4th then won the comp off the back of 1 player in the finals

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm glad the Renegades are still around to remind us that random midget grade cricketers like Sam Harper and MacKenzie Harvey still exist.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have a keeper who has over taken Pierson as Village play of the year

introducing Harry Neilson

3/139 off 17

most teams: push on and post a formidable score around 170.

renegaids: lost 6 wickets for 14 and limp to 153

Bazal

Post Whore
James Pattinson looks like they found him under the stairs at Southern Cross station collecting cigarette butts and smoking the dregs

Latest posts