What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bbl03 2013/2014

lockyno1

Post Whore
Perth to lose another final? Funny I think Bailey's test axing gives the Hurricanes favouritism going into the game. Should be a cracker though.

It is the better final IMO. These are the two most in form team. Sydney have really scraped their way to 2nd with a number of really close wins. Final comes down to how Tassie bat- can the middle order stand up again against a better bowling attack? I rate Hobart, but I favour Perth over there, JUST.

Brutus

Referee
The sixers were always going to struggle with that batting line up.

Lumb is such a limited player. Replace him with KP for next year.

Patorick

Staff member
Two questions on Simmons:
1. How much do you reckon he'll go for in the IPL auction?
2. Any chance for the T20s in South Africa and the World T20 in Bangladesh?

I reckon he'll get at least $100,000. Not sure they'll pick him for Australia though.

Good luck to both teams in the final, any team that gets over 190 probably deserves victory in a semi, while i agree the sixers never really got into full stride during the 03 season.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I reckon he'll get at least $100,000. Not sure they'll pick him for Australia though.

Definitely wont be picked for Australia

isn't 100k the minimum in the IPL these days?

Id say he will fetch 400k plus

It is the better final IMO. These are the two most in form team. Sydney have really scraped their way to 2nd with a number of really close wins. Final comes down to how Tassie bat- can the middle order stand up again against a better bowling attack? I rate Hobart, but I favour Perth over there, JUST.

I tend to agree about it being the best final. With test players out it really leaves a big hole in the Sydney side. Having Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon and even Moises out of the side really takes the Sixers down a notch.

He is a chance of getting picked up in the IPL,maybe between $100-200k,as for playing for Australia i think there are a number of people ahead of him that have proven themselves over time and been more consistant.:thumb

lockyno1

Post Whore

1. IPL, hard to tel but as a blind guess $650,000. Maxwell got $1 mill, White got around 750K.

2. Who are you dropping out of White, Warner and Finch? Simmons can only open/3 at the lowest!

Timbo

Staff member
The Sixers will have to chase some batsmen next year, I reckon they'll go for KP.

KP coming will depend on the $$$$ he wants,i doubt any side will put all their eggs in the one basket like the Thunder did with Gayle to sign him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Sixers will have to chase some batsmen next year, I reckon they'll go for KP.

I wouldn't. Way, way too expensive. You will be talking Gayle like figures for KP. I can see the Thunder/Renegades doing it though as they have less 'stars' in their sides.

jargan83

Coach
Shane Warne will talk his mate KP into playing for the Stars as the salary cap doesn't apply to the Stars

Timbo

Staff member
The Sixers need to do something about their batting. Even at full strength with Haddin, Smith and Henriques they lack a batsman who can take the game away from a side.