What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Knows

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
Let's face it, Beau stuffed up! There was a small glimmer of hope but his kick was the biggest finals stuff up since Paul Carige for the Eels in 1998!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Complete liability.

I don't see any good attributes of a winger in him. He is slow, has bad hands, shaky under the high ball, never keeps up with his centre, and his dummy half scoots are usually pathetic.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Let's face it, Beau stuffed up! There was a small glimmer of hope but his kick was the biggest finals stuff up since Paul Carige for the Eels in 1998!
Bit harsh. Do you think Benji or Robbie would have done any different? I doubt it. He had a really disappointing year and will be lucky to hold his place next season. Well, he actually doesn't deserve to hold his place. But I said the same about Heighno, Fulton, Gibbs, Payton two seasons ago so I hope he can bounce back and find the form he's capable of.

macnaz

Staff member
I couldnt blame Beau for the loss but yeah his option wasnt a good one, he has never been known for his footy brain tho has he. Even at his best he doesnt offer a great deal to the team anymore, todays wingers are getting bigger and faster while Ryan is smallish and getting slower. He plays with all his heart but that alone shouldnt earn him a place in 1st grade.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
The problem with Beau Ryan is that he honestly believes he is a skillful star football player.

It means he tries plays that are well out of his skill set and that makes him dangerous to his own side.

How many times did he get pushed backwards and ruin our momentum? How many times did he leave Brown posted with terrible passes into the in goal? What about when he was barely able to get to marker because he ran to take the first pass when nobody was there?

The worst player to pull on a Tigers jersey

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
What do you expect from an ex-dragon player.

I think Beau has done okay, but it's time to look at other options.

Direct

Juniors
Ryan can take over Fitzy's role of bench warmer next year.

He seemed to go alright at fullback for one or two games earlier on in the year.

AJ_82

Juniors
I reckon Benji's out on the full choke kick was more costly - seeing that led to the one point!

As for Beau, he is sh*t but I have to say most wingers would have kicked ahead in that situation. Only the very best would have realised taking the tackle and smoove moving it to the other side would have led to a try or a very good chance at levelling it up with a field goal.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Ryan can take over Fitzy's role of bench warmer next year.

He seemed to go alright at fullback for one or two games earlier on in the year.

What good would it do having Ryan replace Fitzy on the bench. Having a back on the bench is useless, unless that back is an explosive impact player who can change the game. You don't have a back on the bench "in case" a back gets injured. Its ridiculous. Sheens ought to wake up to himself in that regard. His use of the bench cost us AGAIN. We needed an extra forward, not Fitzhenry. f**king twat of a coach.

N.C.

Juniors
I reckon Benji's out on the full choke kick was more costly - seeing that led to the one point!

As for Beau, he is sh*t but I have to say most wingers would have kicked ahead in that situation. Only the very best would have realised taking the tackle and smoove moving it to the other side would have led to a try or a very good chance at levelling it up with a field goal.
On the last tackle... Sorry, game over, either way. The best option was the pass back inside, but that would have been a bit of a speculator too.

Im glad i have been patient & waited almost a week to post on this thread, cause believe me i have been tempted.Time more often than not gives you the perfect opportunity to observe things in a much clearer perspective.In a subtle way i almost feel sorry for Beau, always more than willing to put his body on the line & have a dig.

Each & everyone of us knows deep down whether we are an asset or a liability to our employers or we just simply make up the numbers.Its not Beaus fault that he was in the side each week,he doesnt pick the team.

The fact is I like the guy,hopefully during the off season i hope he gets in the gym & bulks up,concentrates on sprint & skills training & is able to perform at a much higher level than he has displayed this year.

Latest posts