What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer, Footy and Food Festival Round at Henson Park.

Suitman

Post Whore
Couldn't find a thread for this so just thought I would post this here.
I went to Henson on Saturday. Was a cracking day.
Beers, fans and dogs were all happy.
A massive flashback to the 70's.
And there was way more than 8972 in attendance.

1659347131490.png

1659347187379.png

1659347289532.png

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Theres definitely a place for a well run second division. $10 entry and Easy going atmosphere.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hi all.

This is on again this season and will be the biggest and best ever.
I have no connection to this event other than having attended for the first time ever last season.
It was a cracking afternoon of beer, food and footy, and the crowd was over 10 000.
For those of us who attended games in the 60's, 70's and 80's, it really was a blast from the past at a genuine old style Rugby League game and ground. It is one of the last bastions of history that continues to this day.

I highly recommend this event as a fun RL day out. Local pubs are buzzing before and after the game, and fans wear all the old retro jerseys of all clubs.
I'll be attending again with a few mates and tasting as many craft beers as possible!
Hopefully the weather is fine, as it was last year.

1684140073017.png

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah its a great day out.

Shame about the AFL posts though. I've contemplated bringing a hacksaw with me
There to stay unfortunately, Henson is used for the WAFL these days as well as being the Jets home. I think they got some decent funding for ground upgrades out of it.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
A festival of there-to-be-seen hipsters? No thanks.

Great footy at grounds all round the country every weekend. You can even volunteer coaching or reffing.

And not smartly drawn poster trading off nostalgia or craft beer needed to lure you in.

hrundi99

First Grade

Great footy at grounds all round the country every weekend. You can even volunteer coaching or reffing.

And not smartly drawn poster trading off nostalgia or craft beer needed to lure you in.

Oh go away. As opposed to a festival of bogans and Great Northern?

mozza91

Coach
Was thinking about going this year but it falls on the same day as a Knights home game. Hopefully next year then.

Wb1234

Referee

Not many hipsters drinking cans of kb watching nsw cup

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Had a blast last year.

Far better experience than watching Panthers reserve grade take on the Tigers at Bankwest after Origin three.

grozzy

Juniors
Henson Park sure has a load of history. A relative drowned a young kid when itwa s a quarry. It was also a venue for the 1938 Empire Games

Wb1234

Referee
NSW Cup not worth $10 to you?
Honestly nope

I didn’t mind seeing the ground but I never had any connection to Newtown. They got kicked out when I started following the game I did watch their grand final loss vs the eels that was around when I was watching

good luck to them they’ve kept alive their heritage and it’s good to see what older grounds were like

back in the day I visited north Sydney oval and Redfern oval they were great but that was obviously nswrl or arl. Walked past lidcombe oval, Wentworth park and pratten park too for a look

Latest posts