What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belinda Sleeman set to become first female NRL referee

Vic Mackey

Referee
Fairly clear to me that her view is likely obscured from that shot. The still doesn't prove much either, the tip of the ball may well have impacted first. Either way I imagine it was checked upstairs, no?

It was an NYC Final so no video ref. On replay the cowboy stepped out twice (directly Infront of her) and then planted the ball on the sideline.

So basically I expect her to fit right in :joy:

Knight76

Juniors
From there she would just see the corner post and in field end of the ball

Geez, I wonder where the rest of that ball is, you have some in field ball, and some er part of the ball that just completely vanished right at the side line.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geez, I wonder where the rest of that ball is, you have some in field ball, and some er part of the ball that just completely vanished right at the side line.
Glad you aren't on a jury, convicting on one still image geez

adamkungl

Immortal
It was an NYC Final so no video ref. On replay the cowboy stepped out twice (directly Infront of her) and then planted the ball on the sideline.

So basically I expect her to fit right in :joy:

She'll be a shining light with fine company like this

upload_2019-3-1_10-36-41.png
7b212193-9bdb-4855-9c4b-0f101ad7492d

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I can't find the clip for the qld cup touchie but I severly doubt you'll find one better. Player takes a few steps over the sideline and bats the ball back into play literally in front if the touchie and he calls play on

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't find the clip for the qld cup touchie but I severly doubt you'll find one better. Player takes a few steps over the sideline and bats the ball back into play literally in front if the touchie and he calls play on

In a game I played about 20 years ago one of our players went over close to the sideline whilst being tackled by 3 defenders. It was touch and go, he got up and said to the ref and touchie ‘I dropped it.’ The ref somehow awarded a try. My mate then said ‘honestly, I dropped it’ and the ref waved him away. Everyone was so confused.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Didn't lead to a try but I was playing in a game where a kicker got penalised for a Michael crocker type knockout by getting a low punt downfield straight in the side of the head going for a charge down. Reckoned he changed his position and aimed for him.