What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy the Hypocrite

kbw

Bench
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...a/news-story/5914075271e60a4a8f8b81c0104c2bd9

This article talks about Bellamy's disappointment at some storm players behaviour towards Fifita.

He tris to talk up how important he feels sportsmanship is.

I find that incredibly hypocritical from the coach of the 2nd most unsportsman like team in the competition.
This comes from a coach that has taught his players how to twist necks and heads. How to work on players joints to imobilise them. A coach that has taught his captain to get an unfair advantage by bullying the referees.

Yes its obvious that sportsmanship is soooo important to Bellamy

The_Shield

Juniors
I find it hypocritical that people blame Melbourne for all the wrestling and shit, when every single other team used and uses it just as much.

POPEYE

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...a/news-story/5914075271e60a4a8f8b81c0104c2bd9

This article talks about Bellamy's disappointment at some storm players behaviour towards Fifita.

I find that incredibly hypocritical from the coach of the 2nd most unsportsman like team in the competition.
This comes from a coach that has taught his players how to twist necks and heads. How to work on players joints to imobilise them. A coach that has taught his captain to get an unfair advantage by bullying the referees.

You are a prize f**kwit

kbw

Bench
I find it hypocritical that people blame Melbourne for all the wrestling and shit, when every single other team used and uses it just as much.

Who is blaming Melbourne for all the wrestling I am merely stating they do it more than others.

Canard

Immortal

Being critical of his own players sportsmanship = hypocritical??

That's LU logic for you

The_Shield

Juniors
Who is blaming Melbourne for all the wrestling I am merely stating they do it more than others.

Everybody blames Melbourne for the wrestle. But they do no more then any other team.

One other thing. How does Cameron Smith bully refs? He seems to be the only captain that talks calmly to the refs, while the others just yell at them. If that's bullying then something is wrong

POPEYE

Coach
Let's not take kbw's word for it, take the time and watch the press conference . . . see if you have a better mind than kbw to make up

Warriors Fever

Juniors
i don't get it he is criticising his own player I do not think you know what 'hypocritical' means. I wish you good luck in the future

Billythekid

First Grade
I like how posters still feel like unique and special snow flakes for starting a storm hating thread. Also this is such a weird catalyst for this thread to be made, clearly some pent up anger there.

moffla

Bench
Lol - I knew some moron would attempt to put a negative spin on his comments. Nothing new

Glen

Bench
While the OP is reaching a fair bit, it is funny to see Bellamy and Smith painting themselves as crusaders for good sportsmanship

T-Boon

Coach
Bellamy definitely made wrestling into what it is now. He is going to be known as the father of wrestling and the twisting techniques. Players openly talked about ways to get payback on Melbourne for the dirty tackling tactics in 2007 if the refs didn't do something about it, I remember watching Cam Smith rip Cayless' shoulder out of its socket in a semi final in I think 08.

The reason every team now does it is that it was so successful for Melbourne and they are still way ahead of everyone at it.

I am with KBW, Bellamy has been a stain on the game.

POPEYE

Coach
Only stain is the one the NRL left when they didn't immediately inform Bellamy and everyone else who tried to copy but failed that wrestling would be punished. It wouldn't have stopped the bloke coming up with other ways of making do with what he's got before anyone else

Saying the only coach who refuses to disable other teams by poaching from them has left a stain on the game is f**king hypocritical. The NRL is responsible for making and keeping the rules, Bellamy's just responsible for being the coach every team would love to have

LazyDreamer

Bench
TBH, the only hypocritical thing I see in that article is Smith going on about the actions that saw the penalty being against the spirit of the game.

First bloke I can recall I've seen pass the ball intentionally into an opposition player was Cronk. And Smith threw his hands up pleading for the penalty (which was awarded).

Pretty sure I've seen Cronk attempt it another time either earlier this year or sometime in '15, but wasn't successful in milking a penalty that time.

Seems in Smith's eyes it only went against the spirit of the game when it went against Melbourne.

Latest posts