What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Cross to wear no. 10

schnitzel

Juniors
I have it on good authority from a school mate of Cross that Elliott plans to use him as a starting prop for 2005. That would explain why the club didn't sign another prop to replace Davico.

edabomb

First Grade
If this was the case I may have to join the Elliott haters :lol: .

Cross did nothing in 2004 to warrant starting the season in the number 10, and the person who didn't give him the oppourtunities is going to start him in 2005 :? . It doesn't look like smart coaching to me. Adamson should get the 10. I think Elliott is probably right to panic about our powderpuff forward pack though, but Cross should start the year on the bench.

69 will cream his pants when he reads this :lol:

Cross has a lot of aggression which is something we need badly now that Wiki is gone.
If he can step up (and stay out of trouble with suspensions) it will be very good for us.

raidersman

Juniors
i reckon mick weyman should be the starting no.10 prop with ben cross on the bench. Weyman has shown that he is an awesome prop if he can stay injury free, whereas Ben hasnt really shown as much as mick weyman.

8. Ryan O'hara
9. Simon Woolford
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ian Hindmarsh
12. Matt Adamson
13. Jason Croker

Bench
14. Ben Cross

edabomb

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I think it should be O'Hara, Woolford, Adamson, Hindmarsh, Hodgson, Croker.

I'm with stupid.

But Hindmarsh only has one or two chances to cement his spot in my team.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Adamson either needs to start in the second row or come off the bench in a running forward role in short bursts. If we play him the #10 we will only get a decent contribution but if we use him in a wider ranging attacking role on the edges he'll be worth the investment. We need creativity particularly through 2nd phase play from our backrow and he's the man most likely.

Weyman has to start with O'Hara.

I'd argue that the 3rd prop spot is probably the most debateable position heading into the new season. I'd be shocked if the pack didn't look like this:

O'Hara
Woolford
Weyman
Hindmarsh
Hodgson
Croker

with Adamson and Tyran Smith on the bench with Withers as the utility.

LEAVING ONE OPEN SPOT.

Terry Martin has to start to be an effective contributor in my view so is wasted on the bench - but he's a lesser version of Hindmarsh and is no threat to Hodgson really. Troy Thompson - is my initial pick for the 3rd prop spot, while Tongue might slip in when Elliott is feeling a bit adventurous, while Cross, Miller, Rothery, Howell and Kahler are the left over options who have 1st grade experience.

greeneyed

First Grade
Weyman is too small for starting prop IMO. And Tyran Smith shouldn't ever be allowed near first grade again.

Greenblooded

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Weyman is too small for starting prop IMO. And Tyran Smith shouldn't ever be allowed near first grade again.

Totally agree on T. Smith, but Weyman isn't small is he??

Raider_69

Post Whore
BTW all of you who have bad mouth the boss will pay at some point, be it in this life or the next... you will all learn DONT CROSS THE BOSS INFIDEL PIGS!

Kris_man

Bench
mad stuff - go Crossy! he's a mad prop i reckon. good stuff Matt Elliott if this news is true :clap:

i can't believe people are rating Thommo over anyone, let alone Ben Cross. and why do people think Adamson should play prop? has he ever played there before? he started his career as a winger.

jed

First Grade
I certainly hope it's true, but there's a few too many people that "have it on good authority" that certain things are going to happen, less than 5% of them come true. But not that this is necessarily the case here, like I said I certainly hope not.