What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Cross to wear no. 10

Greenblooded

Juniors
Kris_man said:
mad stuff - go Crossy! he's a mad prop i reckon. good stuff Matt Elliott if this news is true :clap:

i can't believe people are rating Thommo over anyone, let alone Ben Cross. and why do people think Adamson should play prop? has he ever played there before? he started his career as a winger.

He was a 2nd rower for NSW but I think he has been playing prop a bit in pommie land.

greeneyed

First Grade
Greenblooded said:
greeneyed said:
Weyman is too small for starting prop IMO. And Tyran Smith shouldn't ever be allowed near first grade again.

Totally agree on T. Smith, but Weyman isn't small is he??

He is 185cms and 106kgs according to NRL.com. Not that big compared to the likes of the Penrith and Canterbury forwards.

thickos

First Grade
I'm happy with it. Like I've said before, I'm happy to see Weyman start of the bench to be used more effectively. He is an impact player. Remember his 26 minutes of mayhem against the Warriors? Totally brilliant against tiring forwards.

He will get his chance to start eventually, but give him time.

Cross for me, because of the mongrel in him, should get the nod above Thompson. I'm still at a loss as to the composition of the bench, I'm not sure how its going to go.

Raider_69

Post Whore
no one is thickos, its a nice mess to have
a good 10 blokes could snear a spot
all deserve a shot too :clap:

edabomb

First Grade
Greenblooded said:
ball boy said:
he isnt that big i can fit into his jersey and im 15

I guess the real question is, what the heck are you doing wearing his clothes?? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Must of been slipping out to get the mail and didn't have enough time to get dressed properly.....

legend

Coach
O'Meley is smaller than Weyman and he is highly effective. Weyman has to become more durable if he is to succeed in the NRL. He is far too brittle at present and I hold serious fears over our forward pack and their ability to wage war on the opposition.

O'Hara has to step up or face a season in reggies.

Sully

Juniors
Cross is also an impact player.

If he gets game fitness he could be a secret weapon!

In 2003 in a few first grade appearances he smoked some players eg Roosters game end of season.

Should be great for the club

twistedbydesign

Juniors
i must say i dont quite understand the hype surrounding ben cross.

sure he has pulled off some big hits, however he has also thrown in a couple of suspensions, some stupid penalties, a few costly errors and some overall quite ineffective games. mick weyman on the other hand appears to be just one injury free season away from being a superstar.

i'm not saying we should write crossy off, as others have said he will add some much needed aggression in 05, however he still has a lot of work to do before i will consider him a good option to start the game.

DJ Raida

Bench
i think this could be good, i loved him in 2003, didnt get to see much of him in 2004 unfortuntaly, but hes a big unit and can step up if needed im sure :D

LUKEY

Juniors
Cross is a hard bastard and thats what we need. It doesnt worry me if he starts or not as Himself ohara and waymen will all get plenty of game time in a match.
8 Ohara
9 Woolford
10 Cross
11 Croker
12 Adamson
13 Smith

14 Waymen
15 Hindmarsh
16 Martin
17 Withers

Latest posts