What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Cross

Poida_Raider

Bench
I dont know whats already been said.
I thought he had a pretty good game for the time he had on the park on sunday. The part that most surprised me about him was when that weener chris hicks starting laying into him after a fairly legal tackle, and f**k up by the ref and touchie, that he just held his cool and didnt retaliate. I think i like this controlled aggression that The Boss must be bringing in to his game I'm bloody certain he would have flattened Hicks, but held himself back.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Yeah, Cross had a good game. He made some decent hit-ups, but needs to show a bit more aggro. Looks like he could be O'Hara's replacement if Weyman doesn't stop getting injured...

Edwahu

Bench
Poida_Raider said:
I dont know whats already been said.
I thought he had a pretty good game for the time he had on the park on sunday. The part that most surprised me about him was when that weener chris hicks starting laying into him after a fairly legal tackle, and f**k up by the ref and touchie, that he just held his cool and didnt retaliate. I think i like this controlled aggression that The Boss must be bringing in to his game I'm bloody certain he would have flattened Hicks, but held himself back.
More like about 5 Manly players held him back. If Crossy could have got a shot away he would have :lol:

woodgers

Bench
Chris Hicks desperately needs to learn the chain of command. You don't swing at a gorilla like Cross just because your teammates are closeby to pull him away.

To back you up Poida, I thought Cross was one of our top 4 best players on the day. It may take him a little bit of time to adjust to the quicker pace of 1st grade, time he may not have with Elliott though.

Evergreen

Juniors
Poida I like the point you make about Cross' 'controlled aggression'. In '03 he came out swinging and was suspended twice in two matches, yet last week he brought some brute force into the team without having to take someone's head off. Elliot has obviously been working on getting Crossy to divert some of his raw aggression into his runs and tackling.

If he continues his form there should be no reason he can't be a main feature in FG this year, particularly with Rhino gone for the season.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Said it before, I'll say it again - OHara, Weyman and Cross will be one hell of a front row / bench combination for us, I hope, for years to come.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ohh so everyone is jumping on the crossy wagon now?! :lol: Meh there plenty of room, get on the big fella!!!!

Let me just say Chris Hicks is lucky the Boss couldnt get a shot away cause he'd only need one and from there it would be all over red rover.
Cross was easily in our top 4 against Manly, one of few that didnt get dominated, i also noted his controlled aggression, he came in a gave one or two decent shots but he didnt even go close to a high shot once, also noticed a few text book grass cutters from him :clap:

WE'RE THE ARMY AND CROSSY IS OUR KING!

cooba

Juniors
Well the white smoke has appeared and commiserations Benny for not making it, but for now on Holy Cross you will now not be known as "Boss" but ur new nick Popey!!!
Popey the "Raiders" enforcer

Boing Boing

Juniors
cooba said:
Well the white smoke has appeared and commiserations Benny for not making it, but for now on Holy Cross you will now not be known as "Boss" but ur new nick Popey!!!

Wha :?:

jed

First Grade
cooba said:

You took the red pill, didn't you ;-)

reptar

Juniors
jed said:
cooba said:

You took the red pill, didn't you ;-)

The Red ones are usually best!

For some reason I just got a weird vision of Ben Cross wearing that huge Pope hat, and it made me laugh.

(That's all)

Edwahu

Bench
Its no suprise Cross came straight off after the brawl. Elliot knew he would have killed Hicks.

mike83au

Juniors
Like I said before, he looks like a dinosaur....

Brachiosaurus to be exact

prof.jpg

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ratszinger has been over thrown, all hail our new pope and leader of the catholic church... god reborn

PopeCrossy.jpg

Latest posts