What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt: The Losing Machine

thebigredv

First Grade
I was fuming when he dropped the ball at a pivotal time which led to a raiders try but it as if he used that as motivation to go and set up multiple tries and chances of his own. Current forwards won't give him the perfect platform but he is playing great footy nonetheless. Will be one of the first picked for origin.

Illusion

Bench
I was fuming when he dropped the ball at a pivotal time which led to a raiders try but it as if he used that as motivation to go and set up multiple tries and chances of his own. Current forwards won't give him the perfect platform but he is playing great footy nonetheless. Will be one of the first picked for origin.
It was the best running game I have seen from him since coming to us ......

Dragsters

First Grade
Silly thread...Ben Hunt should expect his own supporters to support him....He has been unfairly targeted for years by the media...plenty of others who are worse...eg Ash Taylor/Milford etc...

Too true gs.

I know commenting on this ridiculous thread only bumps it back up to the top, but its time to get behind our captain and show him the respect he deserves...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He played well vs the Raiders, credit where it’s due. He’s not a million dollar halfback but he’s a halfback probably a bit better than our ladder position. He’s probably a top 5-6 halfback I guess. He is with us for the next 2 years so let’s hope in 2023 we can all get a title together.

getsmarty

Immortal
He played well vs the Raiders, credit where it’s due. He’s not a million dollar halfback but he’s a halfback probably a bit better than our ladder position. He’s probably a top 5-6 halfback I guess. He is with us for the next 2 years so let’s hope in 2023 we can all get a title together.

Agree , although we are not paying him 1 million...its less ..posted on here by many reliable posters with good sources...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree , although we are not paying him 1 million...its less ..posted on here by many reliable posters with good sources...
Who knows really, I’ve heard conflicting stories from many sources. The main point is he’s the best we have and not leaving so we may as well just get behind him. He definitely has a dumb kick in him here or there but was nice to see he and Norman close out the game vs the Raiders. It’s these type of close games with nice kicks into the corners to grind us out a win we have been missing in previous years. No matter what people want to say about Hook, he has definitely got Hunt firing more than Mary ever did.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Feeling very vindicated this year. In reality, Hunt didn't suddenly start showing these leadership and hardworking traits this year. They were always there, and largely ignored by fans. Yes it clicked in a way it never has this season, but Hunt has been hard done by from the moment he dropped that ball in 2015.

You will find posts of mine over the last few years where I say if we built a team around Hunt and let him run it, we would unlock his potential. It is shocking to think how much of Hunt's prime we may have wasted under Mary.

Gareth67

First Grade
Could not get the game but by all accounts he put everything into it and literally dragged the team by the scruff of the neck to get the 2 points . Well done Benny !