What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o

Broncos93

Juniors
I think he's really proved his worth in the last few weeks. After his dud last season I know a few people were happy with rumours of him on the outer, and I can't deny that I wouldn't have complained too much either. But I reckon the last few weeks when he's been playing wider of the ruck he's had a huge impact, both defensively and in attack. Most will recall me being against his move to center when it was brought up about a month ago, but I've been proved wrong and I'm loving watching him play :p. He always looks dangerous with the football, runs holes very well and has taken up the role of hit-man since Tunza retired. If Folau goes and I'd love to see him remain in the centers partnered with Hodges.
Thoughts?

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Still has a ways to go in being a true part of the joint, but geez there has been a marked improvement hasn't there.:D

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Te'o is killing it at the moment. If he keeps it up I think he could find himself in a maroon jumper soon.

Te'o wasn't a dud last season. No one liked him except for me and a few others and no one could open their other eye wide enough to notice that he had potential. Great to see that he is showing it week in week out though. Lets hope he can keep it up all year.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
No doubt he has improved but i don't like the idea of him being a permanent centre. Although i have said before that i would like to see him stay there until Hodges is back and i stand by that. I've been really impressed by him this year i think like u said he has been extremely dangerous running wider of the ruck and he can put on a big hit aswell.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
me to but until hodges gets back i think he our best back up defender especially in defence. who would u put there until hodges gets back? please dont say micheals.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Alex Glenn or Matt Gillett. I'm torn on who to choose because they both bring different styles of play to the centre position.

The only problem with playing Te'o in the second row is that both him and Thaiday are best running on the fringes on the right hand side. Not a big problem though...

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I prefer to see Glenn coming off the bench as he can give us that extra fire power if needed. and Gillet operating through the centre because of his offloading ability. I also feel the team is more balanced and better off defensively with teo out in the centres

Big Pete

Referee
He's always had potential, his problem was always his involvement. In some games last season, unless you had a program in front of you, you'd swear he hadn't played a minute at all. This would be prove to be frustrating, especially around mid-season and the end of the season where you'd see him dismantle sides with big hits, good offloads and some strong runs.

If anything, during his good games, the only reason I would be upset is because, like Thaiday this year I felt he was doing TOO much. Lockyer would finally find some space and the Broncos would have all the momentum when he'd go looking wide for Folau where Te'o would be in the way, so he'd have to give it to him and instead of passing Te'o would always back himself and it never generally paid off. Two good examples were the semi against the Storm and the Dragons games.

With that said, I reckon he's been pure gold this season, especially when he's been played in the second row. I hope he feels settled and keeps serving up humble pie to all those who dared questioned the bloke.

cornerposter

Juniors
I'm a Teo fan, so always hoped the potential would start to shine through consistently.

Let's also remember that Ivan got lambasted for sitting Teo and Winterstein out for disciplinary reasons right at a time when we were at our lowest. Well I think those who bagged that decision should also eat some humble pie. Teo's attitude since the kick in the ass has been exceptional.

Well done coach!:thumb

bfoord

Juniors
Te'o wasn't a dud last year but he was inconsistent. and i think that is been one of his big improvements this season is his consistency. he has been in great form

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly.

A lot of the animosity towards Te'o stemmed from that inconsistency while the likes of Stagg were flourishing else where.

Boobidy

Juniors
I came in with the intentions of reading this entire thread because Te'o has been great. But when the nuff nuff in the first post compared him to Tonie Carroll I lost all respect for him as a poster and all credibility in this thread was wiped. How dare anybody sh*t on the great name of Tonie Carroll by comparing his god like performances to that of Ben Te'o.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I came in with the intentions of reading this entire thread because Te'o has been great. But when the nuff nuff in the first post compared him to Tonie Carroll I lost all respect for him as a poster and all credibility in this thread was wiped. How dare anybody sh*t on the great name of Tonie Carroll by comparing his god like performances to that of Ben Te'o.

You're being a bit harsh on the first poster it was only a comparison of the big hits not overall game. IMO i think te'o has done his fair share of big hits this year but he doesn't carry the aura that tunza had. All other nrl players regarded tunza as hardest tackler in the game where te'o doesn't carry that name tag. Sure i applaud his performances so far this year and he's been there in attack and defence but he's got a long way to go to jump into tunza's boots.

Latest posts