What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall

Tiger05

First Grade
im honestly really happy to see Benji play so well. I dont give a shit about how things were when he left, he was one of my favourite players for a long time and it brings a big smile to my face to see him start to get back to his old form. All the best Benji

A great player for us and a great representative for the club. I want him to really play well every game. I want us to beat Saints though.

philgood

Juniors
I hope Benji gets absolutely belted! The amount of disrespect he showed the club when he left was so disappointing

BrotherJim05

Bench
Oh don't get me wrong, I hope we absolutely belt him and put 40 points on the dragons. Just like I would want to belt any of my mates that I was playing against hahaha

I hope we target him all day and put 50 on the Saints. Not that I have anything against the Saints as a club, just want to remind Marshall what he walked out on.

Fordy20

Juniors
I hope we target him all day and put 50 on the Saints. Not that I have anything against the Saints as a club, just want to remind Marshall what he walked out on.

It would have been good to have him in the centres, but given the turmoil over the past month I don't even want to think how much worse it would have been with Benji here. There's no way Austin would have got a run in halves if Benji still here and I imagine our ongoing cap dramas would have been even worse than what they are now. I bet he's stoked to be finally playing in team with a quality half on a regular basis.

im honestly really happy to see Benji play so well. I dont give a shit about how things were when he left, he was one of my favourite players for a long time and it brings a big smile to my face to see him start to get back to his old form. All the best Benji

Well said.

super_coach

First Grade
What you have to remember, if Benji was still with us,plenty of our other players would not have been able to be resigned.

Probably Potters no1achievement

What you have to remember, if Benji was still with us,plenty of our other players would not have been able to be resigned.

Probably Potters no1achievement

Bang on. Mayer probably played on his ego and knew he would walk. If they get their shit together we could have a serious tilt in the next year or two and with Marshall here I don't think we'd find ourselves in such a favourable position.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It might not have been Benji's ego. Maybe Potter sat him down and said, "we want to resign these 4 young players. We see them as our future, and because of this we can't give you the contract upgrade you want. We can't give you an extention either because you are not in our future plans. We are sorry but its best for the club this way".

Maybe Benj put the club over himself and figured fair enough, I don't want to stand in the way of four young guns coming through and left

FootynRacing

Juniors
It might not have been Benji's ego. Maybe Potter sat him down and said, "we want to resign these 4 young players. We see them as our future, and because of this we can't give you the contract upgrade you want. We can't give you an extention either because you are not in our future plans. We are sorry but its best for the club this way".

Maybe Benj put the club over himself and figured fair enough, I don't want to stand in the way of four young guns coming through and left

Yeah right !!! Because Benji is that selfless. Of course it was his ego.

It was his ego BJ05. He had two guaranteed years here on a great paypacket and instead of playing for the contract extension that was allegedly discussed verbally with Humphreys, he carried on like a petulant child and threw his toys out of the cot and walked.

It has always and will be about Benji Marshall.

Matchball

Bench
Two stories about him in the smh today talking about taking on his old team.
It's full of the same shit he used to say with us.

The bloke is done and we will tear them a new one.

gronkathon

First Grade
Two stories about him in the smh today talking about taking on his old team.
It's full of the same shit he used to say with us.

The bloke is done and we will tear them a new one.

Considering it is our home game I am thankful for any promotion anywhere in pretty much any form

super_coach

First Grade
Good thing about Benji now is, we dont have to pay his massive pay cheque but still he generates lots of attention for our club and players, and unlike in the past it is 100% positive.

This is what marketing people dream of

cerberus

Coach
I never cheered his down fall . like a lot of players . need to be told how it is.
I never saw a sign either sheens or his manager said to him to pull your heed in .

No matter how much the fans give it to him (which I don't think will be all that much), I know that Robbie will give it to him more on the field.

A few may hold a grudge against him and to a degree I can understand why as he did carry on like a precious diva who thought he was untouchable. While his last couple of seasons were more rocks than diamonds the fact remains he gave his best years to the WT which helped us to a title in 05,for that reason alone I find it hard to begrudge him. His departure has also benefited WT by enabling them to retain and blood our next generation which in the long run is good for the WT.

A few may hold a grudge against him and to a degree I can understand why as he did carry on like a precious diva who thought he was untouchable. While his last couple of seasons were more rocks than diamonds the fact remains he gave his best years to the WT which helped us to a title in 05,for that reason alone I find it hard to begrudge him. His departure has also benefited WT by enabling them to retain and blood our next generation which in the long run is good for the WT.

Nah, f**k him. He had two years to run on his contract on excellent money and he was asked to perform to earn his extension. He dragged it out through the media and carried on like a prima donna. Now he's been proven a failure at Yawnion and is earning a fraction of his original contract in a team who may struggle to make the eight over the next season or two.