What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall....

Hutty1986

Immortal
An absolute weapon in 05, then reached similar heights in the Tigers finals runs of 10/11. Was convinced he was going to shatter Saints fans' hearts in that 2010 prelim in the dying seconds. Let's not forget the way he has bounced back from shoulder reconstructions, and he genuinely seems like a real role model to kids, even now. I think it was mentioned already, but that step and pass in the sharkies game in 05 was just a super-talented kid with no fear playing the game he loved. He made those plays on an almost regular basis in his prime.

Could not care less about a grubby piece of shit cheat like Cameron Smith playing 400 games. He's a blight on this great game-on the flipside of the coin, Benji was a deadset advertisement for it.

Benji Marshall is rated by the most respected journalists as one of the gentlemen of the game. There are few more thoughtful rugby league players working off the field, apart from James Graham, and of course the magnificent supremo Cooper Cronk

taste2taste

Juniors
An amazing highlights reel.... and that's not even all his best plays. I doubt you'd find any player in history that has highlights like that...in comparison can you imagine how boring Cameron Smith's would be :D

For me, his best play is the last one, a dummy, sidestep and around the back pass to put the winger over.. I wouldn't be brave enough to try that in Wednesday night touch footy.. but he did it in a semi final !!

Say what you want about him, but in my time following this great game there's never been a player who was as 'must see tv' as Benji was in his prime....and I'm not even a tigers fan :D

Last edited:

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Does anyone have a downloaded copy of the Benji highlights reel "15 minutes of mayhem"? It was one of the finest NRL highlights videos on youtube but it's been binned off for copyright violation.

gerg

Juniors
He has dominated my team single handedly for his entire career. Can't hate the bloke though, he has been a brilliant player and seems like a decent bloke.

The Rosco

Bench
Been living off his 05 exploits for 14 years now. Has been serviceable in patches since then, but it is astounding that he’s still playing. Good for him for reaching 300 I suppose.
You'd be a Cowboys fan.
No, wait . . a Saints fan.
Hang on. no. a Sharks fan.
Could be a Parra fan.
Nah Souths. That's it, Souths.
Bronco's ?
But no matter who you support, you sure are a sour and bitter merkin.
Edit: I now see that everybody else also thinks you like to suck penises . . . so seeing that you think Benji has been " serviceable" ( word about town is that he might have serviced your missus ?), hows about you shut all of us up and post the highlights reel of your club's best half ? . . . then tell us how many thousands of kids wanted to play like him ?
I still reckon your a Cowboys fan. But could be Sharks.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
My number one memory of Benji Marshall was not the grand final flick pass but the hand he played in scoring a try against Cronulla in 2005. Before this game, I didn't believe the Tigers would win a premiership that year. I watched it at home on a Sunday afternoon and remember thinking at fulltime that the Tigs may well win the whole thing....which we did. Huge congrats on 300 games as well as being the first Wests Tiger to reach that milestone.

The Bye

Juniors
You'd be a Cowboys fan.
Could be a Parra fan.
Bronco's ?
Edit: I now see that everybody else also thinks you like to suck penises . . . so seeing that you think Benji has been " serviceable" ( word about town is that he might have serviced your missus ?), hows about you shut all of us up and post the highlights reel of your club's best half ? . . . then tell us how many thousands of kids wanted to play like him ?
My clubs best half is a future immortal and the greatest player to have played the game. Your pissant, turnstile, plastic shouldered Benji does not impress me at all.

My number one memory of Benji Marshall was not the grand final flick pass but the hand he played in scoring a try against Cronulla in 2005. Before this game, I didn't believe the Tigers would win a premiership that year. I watched it at home on a Sunday afternoon and remember thinking at fulltime that the Tigs may well win the whole thing....which we did. Huge congrats on 300 games as well as being the first Wests Tiger to reach that milestone.

He laid on another 3-4 that day and got one of his own. Maybe the best 1 man carve up job I have ever seen.

An absolute legend of the game who I've always enjoyed to see play as a neutral and was one of the nicest footy players I've met also. Happy 300th champion!

Vozzy

Juniors
Against the roosters last week he probably outplayed brooks, Keary and cronk difference is he had merkins like Marsters who couldn't catch a cold.

mongoose

Coach
You'd be a Cowboys fan.
Could be a Parra fan.
Bronco's ?

he was defending gay-fl in another thread, so probably doesn't know what he's talking about

The Bye

Juniors
he was defending gay-fl in another thread, so probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Imagine being a grown adult but not having evolved your vocabulary from when you were 7 when calling someone/something gay was an acceptable insult.

2 weeks

Coach
Gordon Tallis reacting to his fellow Dragon achieving this milestone

images