What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji.

Finally, it is good to see that the St.George Illawarra fans are starting to see and also appreciate what we used to see in Benji when he was a genuine contributor, especially when he was at his best.

Funnily, all the hatred and the "media darling" claims from the usual suspects in dragons forum pages have ceased.

All of a sudden Gould and Rabbs waxing lyrical is no problem at all.

Benji, is a champion, I am glad too see the Dragaons fans finally understand this.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the biggest thing we can take from this is that all in all, dragons fans are complete and utter fckwits

God-King Dean

Immortal
But he's just the same old rocks & diamonds Benji.

Moment of brillance, & a moment where I question whether he was dropped on his bed as a baby.

Overall, bought far more positives than negatives.

I've been a 'hater' for years. Still don't really like the guy, think he's bit of punce. But it's the Channel 9 wank I despise. Gush shamelessly over him, but no mention of his mistakes, & glass over the glaring deficiencies in his game. That's why I hit mute when Dragons are on 9.

Matchball

Bench
He needs to play along side another playmaker to be effective.
He was good with Prince and Lui and then it all fell apart because he needs someone else to direct the traffic.
Now he is with Widdop he is back to some form.

gronkathon

First Grade
Benji played well.

But the Titans were Wests Tigers level awful. He pulled out many flat track bully starring efforts for WT even in his decline

super_coach

First Grade
Benji played well.

But the Titans were Wests Tigers level awful. He pulled out many flat track bully starring efforts for WT even in his decline

So true Gronk, in the past few years his highlight package very seldom features a top five team. He usually shines against the same bottom of the table teams. I think he has been good for the Dragons, but he still is not a 600g a season player any more. I am happy we moved on

I gather Widdop takes a lot of pressure off him,still has the odd clanger in him but is finally playing with some maturity.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Did anyone else notice Benji's comment in ana rticle a week or so ago that his better performance with Saints than recent WT years has been due to the club having a good halfback taking the pressure off him? Here in this forum it has been commented on many times in the past- now he says it himself. Sheens really did handicap his football progression didnt he? Benji was damn good then went downhill as the pressure grew and lack of support in the halves.

Tiger05

First Grade
Did anyone else notice Benji's comment in ana rticle a week or so ago that his better performance with Saints than recent WT years has been due to the club having a good halfback taking the pressure off him? Here in this forum it has been commented on many times in the past- now he says it himself. Sheens really did handicap his football progression didnt he? Benji was damn good then went downhill as the pressure grew and lack of support in the halves.

Benji has said a lot of things. I take a lot of comments from all footy players with a grain of salt.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Benji has said a lot of things. I take a lot of comments from all footy players with a grain of salt.

True, but the halfback problems of WT under Sheens, after Prince left, were long running and it coincided with Benji's drop in form year after year. Causal, coincidental or a bit of both- who knows...........

BrotherJim05

Bench
Despite everything...would have been awesome to see him and Brooks play together as a traditional Halfback/5-8 combo with Tedesco at fullback and Farah at Hooker. You all know there would be some jump out of your seat, shit your pants and scream at the TV moments.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He looked good against souths reserve grade side in the CS and (apparently) against an ESL side. When he comes up against a team like the dogs or roosters we will see the old running sideways, cut out passes to row 8 and terrible kicking game come out again

Eddie.

Bench
He is the lightest he has been since 2007. Back to 90 odd kgs.

So was he bludging those last few years at the Tigers?

Makes me a bit dirty over how he downed tools to an extent. Or makes me angry at how Sheens put up with it.

We had a soft culture for years.