What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

_Johnsy

Referee
the only people that have acheived that honour are bunniesmen and ratsack. the two biggest knobs on the forum. im sure if haynetrain and raiderspremiers posted more often they'd be on there too

You are the mayor of knobsontheforum'ville

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You've got nothing. You've only truly made it when old Bandwagonman puts you on his ignore list. One of the great honours of my life.

see i've noticed that he simply choses to ignore posts and comments when he knows that he is compeletely outdone and beaten...

which seems to be quite a lot recently...

BunniesMan

Immortal
see i've noticed that he simply choses to ignore posts and comments when he knows that he is compeletely outdone and beaten...

which seems to be quite a lot recently...
Maybe I ignore most posts about me because they're completely offtopic? For example, I go to the "Bennett announces he will depart Dragons" thread for the latest news and debate on Wayne Bennett and his future. I don't go to this thread to participate in pissing contests with the local dumbdumbs.

Back on topic:

http://t.co/gfW4FST

An interesting opinion piece echoing what I was saying earlier. Maybe just maybe the Broncos being in the headlines as certainties is actually hurting their chances like it did for the Roosters years ago, and maybe the fact that Souths have been a lot quieter in talking to the media will help our chances of getting Bennett.

You know just because the papers say the Broncos are favourites doesn't make it true. They're essentially calling Bennett a liar, he said yesterday he hasn't made his mind up, they're saying he has for weeks. I'll choose one of the games legends over what the local rag is saying to fill its columns.

Maybe who is and isn't "favourites" has more to do with who is stupid enough to return Weidler and Rothfield's calls and give them a few meaningless anonymous quotes, and less to do with where Bennett is actually leaning.

Knightmare

Coach

:lol: Saw that at the newsagent this morning. I would laugh so hard if Bennett ends up going to Souths or Newcastle. Qlders crying into their beers at Uncle Wayne not coming home when the local media was telling them it was a done deal would be priceless. Broncos fans have got to realise that it's not 1998 anymore and they can't just expect all the best players/ coaches to come and join them because "We're the Broncos".

Locky24

Juniors
Was just on the bottom of FoxSports news, that Wayne Bennett has rejected big offers to re-join the Brisbane Broncos

Knightmare

Coach
Interesting.

One dark horse would be the Cowboys. I know they have had a couple of good wins over the Broncos and Melbourne, but there is a well-known problem with the culture up there. A coach like Wayne would earn the respect of a few of the loose cannons in their squad, unify them and almost certainly see the Cowboys much closer to chasing a maiden premiership than they currently are.

Wayne going to the Broncos is like going to McDonald's for dinner when you are in a massive foodcourt- sure you've had some good times there, but it is way too familiar by now. Try something new!

Shorty

Staff member
Interesting.

One dark horse would be the Cowboys. I know they have had a couple of good wins over the Broncos and Melbourne, but there is a well-known problem with the culture up there. A coach like Wayne would earn the respect of a few of the loose cannons in their squad, unify them and almost certainly see the Cowboys much closer to chasing a maiden premiership than they currently are.

Wayne going to the Broncos is like going to McDonald's for dinner when you are in a massive foodcourt- sure you've had some good times there, but it is way too familiar by now. Try something new!
Nah, we had a chance and it was quashed pretty badly when the board split 50/50 (a few years ago).
Henry has done some decent stuff this year, and I think he's starting to show why he's so respected by players previously.
So I don't think he's coming here, it was also in the media that it isn't happening....but you know it appears the media is going nuts.
It's between Newcastle and Souths I think.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
Was just on the bottom of FoxSports news, that Wayne Bennett has rejected big offers to re-join the Brisbane Broncos
This is so badly worded that you would infer that WB will not join the Broncos, while the actual news is that he rejected big offers from other clubs, so he can go to the Broncos. This is coming from a Dragons source apparently...

Locky24

Juniors
This is so badly worded that you would infer that WB will not join the Broncos, while the actual news is that he rejected big offers from other clubs, so he can go to the Broncos. This is coming from a Dragons source apparently...

Ohh crap my bad, reading from foxsports they make it seem like he rejected big offers from the Broncos to join them in 2012

the only people that have acheived that honour are bunniesmen and ratsack. the two biggest knobs on the forum. im sure if haynetrain and raiderspremiers posted more often they'd be on there too

:lol:

100% troll

i'm surprised people are still falling for your lame act

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol:

100% troll

i'm surprised people are still falling for your lame act
LOL. coming from perhaps the biggest troll here, i lold. you calling me a troll is like hitler calling me an evil dictator or rudd calling me a bad pm or eddie mcguire calling me a douchebag

lol

i'm an actual Raiders fan

you aren't a Souths fan, merely some random kid with far, far too much time on his hand trying to make other Souths fans look bad

as I said, I'm suprised so many people still think your character is real (actually no, they are mostly merge twigs so it's not much of a surprise really)

Red Bear

Referee
You're both sh*t.

Anyway, whilst the Tinkler bid is good for the club in the long run, as is Bennett, you'd imagine there'd be a bit of a destabaling effect on the club if Stone is in a position where, regardless of how the team performs, he's getting the boot at the end of the year. That's the big difference between Newcastle and Souths, where Lang is leaving anyway

BunniesMan

Immortal
Good on the Knights, they made the right decision with a massive majority. Good to know there'll be a very strong club out of Newcastle in the long term.

Of course, I'll only be happy with them if this doesn't end up costing us Bennett...

perverse

Referee
You're both sh*t.

Anyway, whilst the Tinkler bid is good for the club in the long run, as is Bennett, you'd imagine there'd be a bit of a destabaling effect on the club if Stone is in a position where, regardless of how the team performs, he's getting the boot at the end of the year. That's the big difference between Newcastle and Souths, where Lang is leaving anyway
you're assuming that Stone is going to knock back the long term offer TSG have suggested they are going to offer him regardless of whether Bennett comes or not. if we get Bennett, they would like Stone to be his assistant and then take over afterwards, and if we miss out on Bennett then he will be head coach. Tinkler Sports Group have suggested that they rate Stone very highly and he is part of the plan. i doubt they would cut his pay, either.

adamkungl

Immortal
bunniesgirl said:
Good on the Knights, they made the right decision with a massive majority. Good to know there'll be a very strong club out of Newcastle in the long term.

Of course, I'll only be happy with them if this doesn't end up costing us Bennett...

You aren't getting Bennett nub

Latest posts