What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Dragon Dave

Bench
FMD is there any subtlety with you two? Any grey? Or do you live in black and white.

The news about Bennett to Brisbane weeks ago were only ever rumours. Especially with the context of what Bennett said the day before.

These are headlines about a press conference due in an hour. The likelyhood of them being accurate is way way way higher than the rumours I rubbished weeks ago.

You're the one that clearly stated "I only listen to what Wayne Bennett says."

He hasn't said a word, and off you go.

You have the hide to call others hypocrits and now this? No black, white, grey or purple needed.

_Johnsy

Referee

snoozer

Bench
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...and-south-sydney/story-e6frg7mf-1226035964569

that's what happens when someone inside your organisation says bennett is a done deal the day after he strongly denies making a decision yet. You make him look like a liar and he rejects your offer.

Looks like it's down to newcastle and souths.

I
told
you
so.

For how long have i been trying to tell you people, don't listen to whispers in the papers, listen to the man himself. He said it's all about a challenge. He said he doesn't mind living apart from his family for a while longer.

That's the difference. Most of you listened to your masters in the media. The media who don't have a good track record of getting it right.

I listened to wayne bennett himself. A man who has more than earned our trust and respect.
you
are
such
a
trolling
nice person.

Apey

Staff member
Time to create a Wayne Bennett shrine & start worshipping daily, perhaps hourly, until he announces his decision.

_Johnsy

Referee
I can just see the Broncs trotting out the line we chose to sign griffin to a longer deal. Not the reality of Wayne rejected us.

Snappy

Coach
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...e=anthony-griffin-gains-long-term-appointment

Anthony Griffin Gains Long Term Appointment
Trad McLean

8/04/2011 1:52:06 PM

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos today announce that Anthony Griffin has accepted an offer to be the club’s long-term coach and that negotiations with any other coach, including Wayne Bennett, have been completed.
Griffin has accepted a two-year extension of his current contract, that will cover the 2012 and 2013 NRL seasons.
The move came after negotiations with Bennett were concluded last night.
“I am delighted to announce that Anthony Griffin will be head coach of the Brisbane Broncos until at least 2013,” said Broncos chief executive Paul White.
“Anthony has served a long and distinguished apprenticeship in both the NRL and the Queensland Cup and has also made a strong impression in guiding the Broncos to a good start this season.
“He has impressed greatly with his man management skills, his strategic thinking and his technical capabilities; he is a coach that players want to play for.
“We have an outstanding young roster and Anthony has had much to do with their development over the years.”
White said the club had been transparent in their negotiations with Bennett and said the club felt comfortable with the completed negotiations and in making Griffin’s long-term appointment.
“This announcement brings to a conclusion the club’s negotiation with Wayne Bennett,” said White.
“We met with him last night and he confirmed that he wants pursue other options.
“He was greatly appreciative that the club had opened the door for a return. Wayne’s legacy at this club cannot be challenged and he still has a passion for the club.
“He will speak for himself but he did endorse the direction of club and Anthony’s appointment, whom he first brought to the Broncos.
“I feel very comfortable that the board and I worked as hard we could to make it happen, but Wayne is entitled to make a decision for his next role in the best interest of himself and his family.”
Griffin, who has been head coach since replacing Ivan Henjak in February, said he was pleased to have secured an elongated tenure.
“It’s an honour to be officially endorsed as the next head coach of the Brisbane Broncos,” he said.
“Whichever way this turned out I was comfortable with the process the club went through and was always looking forward to a future with the club.
“I will now get on with the job of making the rest of the season as successful as possible.”

_Johnsy

Referee
The longer this remains unknown the more it will impact on souths/newcastles season IMO. Surely boh clubs will want this issue sorted ASAP to put a stop to the endless speculation.

_Johnsy

Referee
Townsville to Brisbane = 1358km
Sydney to Brisbane = 924km

If Sydney was a stretch, Townsville would be difficult.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The longer this remains unknown the more it will impact on souths/newcastles season IMO. Surely boh clubs will want this issue sorted ASAP to put a stop to the endless speculation.
I heard he'll make the decision in the next few days. The fact that he talked to the Broncos and told them they were out recently suggests he isn't sitting on his bum and is in the process of narrowing it down to his final choice.

_Johnsy

Referee
I heard he'll make the decision in the next few days. The fact that he talked to the Broncos and told them they were out recently suggests he isn't sitting on his bum and is in the process of narrowing it down to his final choice.

Wow you've spoken to Wayne himself.:roll:

I did love this little pearler "The fact that he talked to the Broncos and told them they were out recently suggests he isn't sitting on his bum and is in the process of narrowing it down to his final choice"

Groundbreaking stuff, you have real insight into Bennys thought process. Did you figure that one out by yourself without any grown up help ?

I heard months ago that it was a done deal he was already at Souths. You heard the exact same thing didn't you, If I remember correctly you stated it was a fact.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow you've spoken to Wayne himself.:roll:

I did love this little pearler "The fact that he talked to the Broncos and told them they were out recently suggests he isn't sitting on his bum and is in the process of narrowing it down to his final choice"

Groundbreaking stuff, you have real insight into Bennys thought process. Did you figure that one out by yourself without any grown up help ?

I heard months ago that it was a done deal he was already at Souths. You heard the exact same thing didn't you, If I remember correctly you stated it was a fact.
Yes, admittedly at first I took the media's word, but then when they decided to have a different theory every month I decided to stop listening to what they say and listen to the man himself.

I think it comes down to Bennett choosing between Tinkler's money with the Knights or the history, drought, pressure and expectation (aka: the challenge) with Souths.

_Johnsy

Referee
Yes, admittedly at first I took the media's word, but then when they decided to have a different theory every month I decided to stop listening to what they say and listen to the man himself.

I think it comes down to Bennett choosing between Tinkler's money with the Knights or the history, drought, pressure and expectation (aka: the challenge) with Souths.

But it was a done deal wasn't it ??

So at the time of "that comment" you lied and made it up, is that correct

BunniesMan

Immortal
But it was a done deal wasn't it ??

So at the time of "that comment" you lied and made it up, is that correct
I didn't lie. I simply made in error in believing things that were reported as fact. Don't see anyone that believed the Bennett to Broncos stories acknowledging even that much.