What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett Cut Loose By Broncos

Frank Facer

First Grade
On Channel nine news tonight. I truly hope he is coming to SGI, we need him
I just read an article on Foxsports that said Brisbane won't be renewing Bennett's contract which expires at the end of 2019. The article said that Bennett would be coaching them next year. Did the Channel Nine story say that Brisbane are sacking Bennett this year?

possm

Coach
I just read an article on Foxsports that said Brisbane won't be renewing Bennett's contract which expires at the end of 2019. The article said that Bennett would be coaching them next year. Did the Channel Nine story say that Brisbane are sacking Bennett this year?

I'm not at home but my good wife phoned me to let me know. Will check this out could be a click bait headline, I've turned on ch 9 here and will see if it comes up again.

Brutalitops

Juniors
The fact he is staying for 2019 is ultimately probably better for us in terms of landing him.

Mary was never going to be sacked after reaching Week 2. But his contract running out at the same time as Wayne's, well that's just an easy switch.

If we start the year poorly, Wayne is a good chance of coming 2020

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The fact he is staying for 2019 is ultimately probably better for us in terms of landing him.

Mary was never going to be sacked after reaching Week 2. But his contract running out at the same time as Wayne's, well that's just an easy switch.

If we start the year poorly, Wayne is a good chance of coming 2020

Bennett will retire at the end of next year he will not be coaching the saints

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I feel another useless end of season review from our Low Performance Unit coming on. It will no doubt spin 2018 as another successful year when we were again May premiers and find (based on what Mary tells them) that factors beyond the coach's control contributed to the club's subsequent fall from grace. The review will gloss over Mary's obvious failings and shortcomings and anoint him as the "special one"'( a la the universally disliked Jose Mourinho at Man United). Key difference of course is that Mourinho has actually won something.

Life's Good

Coach
I'm sure I heard Bennett is keen to continue after 2019 so for me its a yes. Think about it:

- We are(IMO)entering a premiership window in terms of playing squad
- Our 2010 premiership was after years of having an 'old boy' as coach who couldn't get the job done
- Bennett came in & made us contenders immediately(he has a good part of 2019 to recruit accordingly)
- 2020 is 10 years since we last won it, there is a nice symmetry given we got close in 2009 which was 10 years after our last GF appearance in 99.

Rose coloured glasses or not, to me, it makes sense.