What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett to target Mann

Dracarys

Juniors
I just have a feeling part of Wayne's game plan will be to knock Mann off his rhythm with a rushing defence. Hopefully the coach sends him out there with a counter plan. i.e....no running for the first 20 mins, just provide early ball for his outside men. That way he won't get monstered and he can straighten the defence when the big boys are feeling the pinch.
Us by 6

TruSaint

Referee
I just have a feeling part of Wayne's game plan will be to knock Mann off his rhythm with a rushing defence. Hopefully the coach sends him out there with a counter plan. i.e....no running for the first 20 mins, just provide early ball for his outside men. That way he won't get monstered and he can straighten the defence when the big boys are feeling the pinch.
Us by 6

welcome to the forum ...

Red V for life

Juniors
Mann is more than capable of handling that imo. It might throw off his kicking game, but you'd hope Widdop and McInnes would be quick to adjust.

The bigger worry for me is they direct a lot of traffic his way to tire him out. He is a strong lad with good footwork and a bit of pace. More than enough to worry them.

merahputih

Juniors
Us by 6
Welcome aboard. Hope you're right!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I am sure Bennett will target our left and right wings which are empty like a ten pen bowling alley. Milne and Nightingale need to be solid in defence and under the high ball. Our forwards and halves need to play out of their skins and our backs need to play cohesively and protect Dufty.
Saints to win in a nailbiter!

Redhoopz

Juniors
Us by 6

He can't do that if McGregor drops him for McCrone hahaha but in all seriousness, I hope he doesn't actually do that!

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Mann was woeful last night.
Had he had more games in the 7 as he should have this year, he would have been better.
Really?
I thought he showed some nice touches. His kicking game was horrible, but he wasn't alone there.
I thought he looked dangerous with the ball and has a lovely late pass.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Mann was woeful last night.
Had he had more games in the 7 as he should have this year, he would have been better.
Not defending him I agree he was bad.
Mc Crone has been shocking All season yet Mary still selected him week after week.
Mary s treatment of Mann has I believe had an effect on some of his performances.

Really?
I thought he showed some nice touches. His kicking game was horrible, but he wasn't alone there.
I thought he looked dangerous with the ball and has a lovely late pass.
Not defending him I agree he was bad.
Mc Crone has been shocking All season yet Mary still selected him week after week.
Mary s treatment of Mann has I believe had an effect on some of his performances.

That's my point, he tried too hard, if he had more experience, say all season at half, he would have been better in clutch situations.

I expect McCrone to be back next week

LINESPEED

Juniors
That's my point, he tried too hard, if he had more experience, say all season at half, he would have been better in clutch situations.

I expect McCrone to be back next week[/Q
I love the way Mann hits the line as he passes & straightens the attack
McCrone was the greatest selection blunder of 2017
Yeah well Bennett always gets his Mann - usually with a brown paper bag
And usually poached from another team
Imagine if the Raiders had kept Milford
Bennett's true coaching ability was there for all to see at the Knights

Last edited:

Latest posts