What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best adaptation of works by Stephen King

Best adaptation of works by Stephen King

• Total voters

McLovin

Staff member
No mention of Four Past Midnight aka The Langoliers :( Loved that movie.

As a King fan ..it's hard to have a fave
My top 4 in any order
Shawshank Redemption
Stand by me
Misery
The Green Mile

I would have love to have seen the DARK TOWER series made into mini series
That tripe movie dished up a few years ago was pathetic .

Matua

Bench
As a King fan ..it's hard to have a fave
My top 4 in any order
Shawshank Redemption
Stand by me
Misery
The Green Mile

I would have love to have seen the DARK TOWER series made into mini series
That tripe movie dished up a few years ago was pathetic .
It was supposed to have follow on mini series in between movies ... but it flopped.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Been watching the Mr Mercedes series. Honestly this is some great viewing. The characters especially the old copper lead are amazing.

T-Boon

Coach
Before he got too old I used to wish King would get back into drugs and alcohol because his work through that stage of his life was masterful. The last 20 years has just been okay.

PJ

First Grade
Before he got too old I used to wish King would get back into drugs and alcohol because his work through that stage of his life was masterful. The last 20 years has just been okay.

I somewhat agree but there have been some great ones in the last 20 years as well such as Mr Mercedes series, Dr Sleep, 11/22/63 and I also liked Revival a lot.

So you are insane
Lol he's Gota be .
SK has always wrote non horror ...& the last few decades he has written far more Drama/crime than horror .

There's a few of his short stories that would be great little movies if done right .
My fave crime short story was Dolans Cadillac (everything's Eventual)
Brilliant story of revenge .

My fave short horror is
the Man in the Black Suit(Nightmares & Dreamscapes )
That one scared the shit out of my daughters when they read it .

Springs09

Juniors
Lol he's Gota be .
SK has always wrote non horror ...& the last few decades he has written far more Drama/crime than horror .

There's a few of his short stories that would be great little movies if done right .
My fave crime short story was Dolans Cadillac (everything's Eventual)
Brilliant story of revenge .

My fave short horror is
the Man in the Black Suit(Nightmares & Dreamscapes )
That one scared the shit out of my daughters when they read it .

The scariest story I've ever read is The Jaunt which was in Skeleton Crew. A different kind of horror but something that scares the shit out of you with the concept of eternity.

Am I mistaken or is The Man in the Black Suit in Everything's Eventual? I remember reading it but I haven't read Nightmares & Dreamscapes.

King wrote The Green Mile while sober which is my favourite book of his along with Pet Semetary.

PJ

First Grade
The scariest story I've ever read is The Jaunt which was in Skeleton Crew. A different kind of horror but something that scares the shit out of you with the concept of eternity.

Am I mistaken or is The Man in the Black Suit in Everything's Eventual? I remember reading it but I haven't read Nightmares & Dreamscapes.

King wrote The Green Mile while sober which is my favourite book of his along with Pet Semetary.

Yeah, The Jaunt was great.

Mr Spock!

Referee
His book Salem's Lot was made into 2 miniseries. The first one with David Soul (1979) left a lot of details out whereas the latter one with Rob Lowe tried to be more faithful to the book. The original also had the vampire Barlow like the Nosferatu monster whereas he is played by Rutger Hauer

Loved that novel. One of the best I've ever read. Read it in 2/3 nights.

Latest posts