What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Ball League

zombie jesus

Staff member
Anyone interested in a best ball league?

If you're not familiar with best ball, it's basically a draft and that's it.

You draft say 16 players, then each week the league site tallies up our optimum score for whatever starting positions have been specified.

It runs like that through the season and whoever scores the most wins. No waivers, trades etc, whoever you draft is all you get, so we do the draft then come back at week 16 and see who won.

Live draft would be ideal for a bit of fun.

Could be a good warm up for the High Rollers guys, who wants to show their cards before the big show?

If we can get 10-12 people in I will set it up. I can set this up for free at MFL (the FoSDL) site.

zj
Kurt
Haffa
Nick
Dogslife
Ab

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
That's just the format of best ball. Draft and run, then come back and look how stupid you were.

kurt faulk

Coach

Let's do one a day. We all know the draft is the best part of fantasy football. You do the draft then forget about it? Match made in heaven.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Here's the basic set up

18 round draft

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

Your weekly team score is whatever the maximum is filling those starting positions from your drafted squad of 18. Each week is tallied up, no head to head matches, most points wins at the end.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Thats 10. Still open for more, we can add 1 or 2 people.

What's preference for time? Midweek nights seem to work around here usually.

We can do multiples of these, it's just basically mock drafting so if a few can't make it then it's not a big deal, as long as the majority is there. We can also do a slow draft with a short clock.

kurt faulk

Coach

let's try and go for 14 or 16 teams. it will certainly make the best ball format more interesting as we'd have to pick more no name players and hope for the best.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'll leave this open for a few more days before organising something. We can always do more after that if there's interest.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'm in, sounds interesting
@Haffa @dogslife @18to87
Can you guys send me your email please?

Everyone else should have got an invite, if you didn't, let me know.

Set up is very basic

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 8 bench
League scoring here

Minimum to set up is 12 so I've set a dummy team up. If we don't get someone I'll set that team up to auto draft.

If anyone else wants in let me know, can add any number of teams right up until the draft.

Can people let me know how they are with availability for a draft? Live draft is preferred but we can set up a slow draft with a 2-hour timer which stops overnight, don't want this going on for weeks. Hopefully, we can run a few of these.

@kurt faulk @Sans Souci Sainter @nick87 @abpanther @Tom155 @pennywisealfie @AusKnightRKO

Last edited:

Latest posts