What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best centre pairing you have ever seen play footy

blue bags

First Grade
newcsatle knights has had some really good centres

Jamie Ainscough, Matt Gidley, Mark Hughes, Owen Craigie, Tony Kemp

the centre pairing of GIDLEY, HUGHES was really special

anjado

Juniors
Terry Hill and Craig Innes
Brad Izzard and Brad Fittler
Andrew Ettingshausen and Russell Richardson
Andy Currier and Tim Brasher

blue bags

First Grade
I've been watching rugby league since 1968 and the best centre pairing I have seen would have to be Mal Meninga and Gene Miles.
some of the best, Chris close, gene miles aswell. KENNY, MILES
Terry Hill and Craig Innes
Brad Izzard and Brad Fittler
Andrew Ettingshausen and Russell Richardson
Andy Currier and Tim Brasher
you beat me to it, hill, innes, very fast, played and won a GF
panthers izzard, fittler classic duo, GF
we all know about the sharks duo, lethal
currier, brasher, GF

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
John Brass, Mark Harris

Outstanding pairing. Brass had silky smooth ball skills and solid defence. Harris was speed and power.

About the only pair who could match them in the day were Bob Fulton and Ray Branighan who don't seem to have had a mention in this thread.

There are 5 premierships between that lot. Although I believe Harris missed the 1975 Grand Final with injury and Branighan similarly missed the 1976 Grand Final. I'd still give them credit toward the premierships in those years due to their influence during the season.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Outstanding pairing. Brass had silky smooth ball skills and solid defence. Harris was speed and power.

About the only pair who could match them in the day were Bob Fulton and Ray Branighan who don't seem to have had a mention in this thread.

There are 5 premierships between that lot. Although I believe Harris missed the 1975 Grand Final with injury and Branighan similarly missed the 1976 Grand Final. I'd still give them credit toward the premierships in those years due to their influence during the season.

It's funny , I was racking my brain trying to think who partnered Bozo in the centres in the early 70s, even though I watched the highlights of the 1972 GF not long ago and Ray Branigan played centre that day, I Just seem to remember playing on the wing later in his career more. Yes agree with your summation of Brass and Harris, Harris was like a runaway freight train once he got going.

Loose Cannon

Bench
best i saw together was steve rogers and mick cronin
Was too young (only in replay), but my father still claims it to this day. I have no reason to disagree given they were actual centre pairings ie. inside/outside rather than left/right.

Personally, the best “pair” I have seen is McGaw/Ettingshausen.

big hit!

Bench
centres aren't paired any more. Question should be rephrased - best centre/winger pairing you have every seen play footy.

greg

Juniors

Showing my age here but agree hole heartedly with Brass and Harris.

Latest posts