What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Commentary Team

Razor

Coach
Who would you most like commentaing and commenting on the matches?

Commentator - Terry Kennedy (formally Channel 10 and C7)
Comments - Phil Gould, Matthew Johns, Steve Walters

2nd division team -

Commentator - Mark Braybrook
Comment Guys - Steve Roach, Wayne Pearce, Greg Alexander

3rd division team -

Commentator - Ray Hadley
Comment Guys - Jason Taylor, Paul Harragon, Andrew Voss

Don't let Vautin or Daley anywhere near a mic

shadowboxer

First Grade
What about Wally Lewis??? He has been shafted by foxtel and it is a shame. He is a bit rough around the edges but always having a chuckle

Rabs is an awesome commentator.

As far as comments go, although i totally hate his guts and want him killed, phil gould does make good comments.. Just has to be a non roosters game for his intelligent comments :lol:

The best has gotta be Greame Hughes on Ch. 10! Then followed by the Moose, Rex Mossop.

The currrent Ch 9 commentators are morons, with the exception of Sterlo... At least he knows about the game and string a sentace together, unlike the rest.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Best commentators: Ray Warren, followed by Graham Hughes, Ian Maurice and Rex Mossop. Ray Hadley's a good commentator on 2UE, even though he is a d*ck on 2GB. Vossy is pretty good and Warren Smith is alrite sometimes.

Comments: Sterling and Vautin are ok sometimes, but are losing it. Matt Johns is pretty good, as well as Steve Walters, Jason Taylor and I used to Blocker when he was on 9. Bill Anderson wasnt bad on Channel 10.

Thats my commentry team. All the rest are ordinary, boring and dull. There are hardly any good modern day commentators going around besides Rabs.

Andy Raymond and Jason Costigan will never make my team of commentators.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Current CH9 does the job for me. The only adjustment I'd make is put Blocker back in there, Bob Fulton would be an interesting bloke to hear commentate/make comments etc.

Hoggy

Bench
Vossy would have to be in the same shoes as Simon O'Donnell is.

The heir apparent.

And good luck to him, he gets excited at the right times and makes insightful comments and I reckon he is the best.

Anyone else think Rabs is going a bit senial?

ibeme

First Grade
I can't imagine rugby league without Rabs, just like I can't imagine cricket without Richie Benaut.

I like Vossy though too.

booeycollector

Juniors
Rabs is by far the best.

Does anyone here remember many moons ago when Gavin MILLER was given a go as sideline eye for Ch9 during a origin game. Possibly the worst I have heard but s&%t it was funny. :lol:

Macca

Coach
Caller: Rabs without doubt.
Comments: M. Johns, Wayne Pearce
Sideline eye: Darryl Brohman

_Johnsy

Referee
Rabs is an embarrassment, why does the dinosaur attempt to pronounce words in new ways ?? (controversy) Does he know what a debutant is ??

For me the ideal team would be :
Wilko (he used to be on Grandstand ABC radio, I think he is on sydney radio) :clap:
Graham Hughes :clap: & Vossy. :clap:

Johnsy

Clevo

Juniors
What about on other Radio?

ABC

Roy and HG

or the mob from 2SER-FM "View from the Hill"

View from the Hill is the ONLY radio show to tell it like it is! As for NRL, ABC is the way to go... Wilko and the Wok are far better than those clowns on commerial radio.

PB

Bench
Rabs was great when he used to call the game, now he just gets sidetracked too easily and ends up waffling on about movies, gambling and food with the other clowns. Punt him before his bad habbits rub off on Vossy.

Warren Smith is the best commentator with Vossy second and daylight third. They are the only two who don't make ridiculous statements, they just call the game.

Special comments: Gould (as long as the roosters arent playing or he hasnt had a wager on the match), Matty Johns isnt bad and Sterlo is still solid.

Lewis was cut by byFox from commentary, but will still appear in the studio. Fox have been worried about Wally since he took a tumble at a game last year, and has been blurting jibberish ever since.

Latest posts