What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best defence in the comp

Clifferd

Coach
Only 2 rounds in but you have to brag about the defense seriously

1 try each conceded against the so called called premiership favourites

Not to mention they were both conceded in the back end of the 2nd half and way out wide whilst we were down to 12 men on each occasion.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't like being a downer but it's only 2 rounds. It is however the best 2 rounds I've seen from us in years.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don't like being a downer but it's only 2 rounds. It is however the best 2 rounds I've seen from us in years.

That's the point of this thread. Even after only 2 rounds I can't ever remember being able to say we have the best defence in the league. Let's lap it up and enjoy it while we can!

Tiger05

First Grade
That's the point of this thread. Even after only 2 rounds I can't ever remember being able to say we have the best defence in the league. Let's lap it up and enjoy it while we can!

It is freaken awesome. I just saw a mate from work who is a Tigers supporter and he is pumped as well. It has also come out of the blue.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I still can't get my head around how most are saying Melbourne haven't clicked yet. They looked good to me when they played Leeds and Canterbury...

i thought the roosters were off but to me the storm played pretty well. they definetly score 3/4 tries against most teams. we had a lot of great 1on1 try savers that in years gone past we miss every time.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I still can't get my head around how most are saying Melbourne haven't clicked yet. They looked good to me when they played Leeds and Canterbury...
Our great win is being understated coz we r not rated & how dare a humble team devoid of superstars( Marsters is on verge of becoming one) beat the cheating premiers on their home turf & rain on the parade of the dickhead Slater.

I havent forgotten many yrs ago at Leichhardt when the coward Slater lashed out with his foot @ Skando when he was lying on the ground.I didn’t notice the cameras on fox pointing to the box where slaters family were situated after Brooks scored the winning try like they did when melb hit the front & the halfwits were prematurely celebrating an imaginary win.

Perth Tiger

Bench
i thought the roosters were off but to me the storm played pretty well. they definetly score 3/4 tries against most teams. we had a lot of great 1on1 try savers that in years gone past we miss every time.

agreed, the storm were pretty slick in the first half and we just kept repelling them. Then they started to get frustrated and that is when they got a bit loose and started making errors but instead of giving the Tigers credit some are just looking for excuses for the storm.

Fact is we completely outplayed them based on our defence.

Tigerm

First Grade
agreed, the storm were pretty slick in the first half and we just kept repelling them. Then they started to get frustrated and that is when they got a bit loose and started making errors but instead of giving the Tigers credit some are just looking for excuses for the storm.

Fact is we completely outplayed them based on our defence.
In the Storm press conference, both Bellamy & Smith praised the WT's game and offered no excuses.

Benji said they are not the same team without Cronk...............who cares, they talk about the new Cronk and still have the 2 saints in waiting in Smith & Slater. Tigers have shown others how the Storm can be beaten.

Perth Tiger

Bench
In the Storm press conference, both Bellamy & Smith praised the WT's game and offered no excuses.
yeah fair credit to them.

I was referring to the 'so called' experts on fox and the papers trying to save face after they all probably tipped us for the spoon.

Front-Rower

First Grade

The storm were good against us. Our forwards really laid the platform though, with defence and suffocated their attack. It bought a smile to my face to see our forwards smash the opposition instead of being bumped off or pretend to slip over.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I havent forgotten many yrs ago at Leichhardt when the coward Slater lashed out with his foot @ Skando when he was lying on the ground.

I was on the hill at Leichhardt that afternoon and it happened right in front of me. I've had a huge dislike for the grub ever since that day.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Canterbury - 15th
Parramatta - 16th

Just kind of shows how much influence our so called better players really did and do have :)

if you said to me in February that the tigers would only score 1 try a game and those both in the last 5 minutes.......against those opponents.......I would have said floggings. I don't think even the most optimistic of us would have said much different.

To have this defence and team spirit is out of this world. Especially their ethic against adversity.

To walk into work with everyone talking about the tigers in a positive way. It's very unusual but very welcome.