What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ever dogs team?

Moffo

Referee
I will only include players that i've seen and remember (i.e. 1987-today)

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Mazri
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Darren Smith
5. Darryl Halligan
6. Terry Lamb
7. Steve Mortimer
13. Jim Dymock
12. Willie Mason
11. Sonny Bill Williams
10. Steve Price
9. Jason Hetherington
8. Dean Pay

14. Jason Smith
15. Brad Clyde
16. Darren Britt
17. Jonathon Thurston

This was tough. I realised how often our backline has struggled for pace over the years...is this just a bulldog thing? I could've thrown in Dallas/Morris for Halligan but that would've purely been to add pace, not players that I viewed as being our best.

As much as i'm excited for the 2011 team that we have, I think most are still emerging so hard to have them in here amongst this company

How awesome would that forward pack be!

Unlucky?

David Gillespie (very)
Ricky Stuart
Braith Anasta
Matthew Ryan
Craig Polla-Mounter
Andrew Ryan
Roy Asotasi
Willie Tonga
Josh Morris
Martin Bella
Rod Silva (very unlucky vs Patten...just think Patten did a little bit more)
Simon Gillies (club stalwart for a long time)
Peter Mortimer
Michael Hagan
Peter Tunks
Mark O'Meley
Matt Utai
Brett Kimmorley
Brent Sherwin
Jarrod McCracken

Cheers,
Moffo

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Gillespie-> Daylight -> Britt. Darren Britt had this thing where he always used to pop the ball out the back when in a tackle, in the hope that someone would be there to collect it. Which most times no one was there and the ball would go to ground. Damn I hated that.

I would put Mark O'Meley in front of Britt as well, damn most of the guys on that list that played prop would get a run in front of Britt except for Bella, he is punished for dropping the ball off the kickoff in 94. Screw him.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
marty played in quite a few origins...was only a nuffy towards the end of his career

i rated britt. always did the tough yards. cement could easily slip in to that team, no arguments there

Doga

Juniors
Gillespie-> Daylight -> Britt. Darren Britt had this thing where he always used to pop the ball out the back when in a tackle, in the hope that someone would be there to collect it. Which most times no one was there and the ball would go to ground. Damn I hated that.

I would put Mark O'Meley in front of Britt as well, damn most of the guys on that list that played prop would get a run in front of Britt except for Bella, he is punished for dropping the ball off the kickoff in 94. Screw him.
Britt was awesome for the last 5 or so years especially. I wouldn't rate Mark O'Meley over him.

innsaneink

Referee
Travesty Geoff Robbo & Chris Mortimer havent been mentioned...two of the toughest bastards out.....you guys seriously have no idea

Dogs Of War

Coach
Travesty Geoff Robbo & Chris Mortimer havent been mentioned...two of the toughest bastards out.....you guys seriously have no idea

Moffo did make a point that he was talking about 87 onwards. Robo retired in 86, and Chris left the Bulldogs in 84. So he couldn't have included them. I was commenting on his team he selected.

parra pete

Referee
I will only include players that i've seen and remember (i.e. 1987-today)

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Mazri
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Darren Smith
5. Darryl Halligan
6. Terry Lamb
7. Steve Mortimer
13. Jim Dymock
12. Willie Mason
11. Sonny Bill Williams
10. Steve Price
9. Jason Hetherington
8. Dean Pay

14. Jason Smith
15. Brad Clyde
16. Darren Britt
17. Jonathon Thurston

This was tough. I realised how often our backline has struggled for pace over the years...is this just a bulldog thing? I could've thrown in Dallas/Morris for Halligan but that would've purely been to add pace, not players that I viewed as being our best.

As much as i'm excited for the 2011 team that we have, I think most are still emerging so hard to have them in here amongst this company

How awesome would that forward pack be!

Unlucky?

David Gillespie (very)
Ricky Stuart
Braith Anasta
Matthew Ryan
Craig Polla-Mounter
Andrew Ryan
Roy Asotasi
Willie Tonga
Josh Morris
Martin Bella
Rod Silva (very unlucky vs Patten...just think Patten did a little bit more)
Simon Gillies (club stalwart for a long time)
Peter Mortimer
Michael Hagan
Peter Tunks
Mark O'Meley
Matt Utai
Brett Kimmorley
Brent Sherwin
Jarrod McCracken

Cheers,
Moffo

Can't believe you don't have Chris Mortimer or Geoff Robinson...John Coveney THREE TOUGH BASTARDS.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
  1. Luke Patten
  2. Hazem El Mazri
  3. Chris Anderson
  4. Darren Smith
  5. Daryl Halligan
  6. Terry Lamb
  7. Steve Mortimer
  8. Darren Britt (c)
  9. Jason Hetherington
  10. Steve Price
  11. Willie Mason
  12. Steve Reardon
  13. Tony Grimaldi
CBB going way back so I'll just do one from 1980 onwards.

GuardDog

Juniors
Moffo did make a point that he was talking about 87 onwards. Robo retired in 86, and Chris left the Bulldogs in 84. So he couldn't have included them. I was commenting on his team he selected.
i thought CMortimer went to Penrith !987

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. luke patten
2. bryson goodwin
3. darryl millard
4. brett morris
5. michael lett
6. daniel holdsworth
7. can't really think of a decent halfback
8. charlie leano
9. michael ennis
10. mickey paea
11. lee te maari
12. aaron wheatley
13. corey payne

Bulldog Force

Referee
7. can't really think of a decent halfback
That's because the Dragons aren't good at producing any
nahnah.gif

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That's because the Dragons aren't good at producing any
nahnah.gif

you forgot to add "who are easily bought" at the end of your sentence..

we're very happy with our current HB... premiership winner, local junior, club captain, former australian no.7..

but yes, as the doggies are well aware, producing a decent halfback from your own ranks can be a struggle..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Let's not forget Matt, the ENTIRE Dragons roster is made up of all their juniors. NOT ONE player in that team has been bought :lol:

of course.. no one is denying that..

however.. what would be the best dragons team that could be made up of ex-bulldogs??

(btw.. my list is of players that switched in the past 10 years..)

lingard

Coach
I`m a Parramatta supporter, so you guys would know better than me; but a composite team of players which I have seen play, might look like:

1. Les Johns
2. Hazem El-Mazri
3. Chris Mortimer
4. Andrew Farrar
5. Chris Anderson
6. Terry Lamb
7. Steve Mortimer
8. Kevin Ryan
9. George Peponis
10. Peter Kelly
11. Steven Folkes
12. David Gillespi
13. Jason Smith

14. Jim Dymock
15. Dean Pay
16. Peter Tunks
17. Can`t think of a seventeen.

Patten would be extremely unlucky to miss out - probably the second best fullback Canterbury has ever had. There might be a better centre than Farrar (although he was very good) but I don`t know your club`s history very well. Still - not many sides would want to play against those blokes, I`d reckon.
Cheers.

Latest posts