What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best halves pairing you've seen?

blue bags

First Grade

The unknown

Juniors
Benji Marshall and Scott Prince were just brilliant in 2005. Set up insane tries just for the fun of it. Keary/Cronk first back to back premierships in 26 years.

Still yet to have a decent halfback since Prince. Brooks is nowhere near

Scott Prince is severely underrated. IIRC his early career was hampered by injury but his premiership winning year and career at the titans puts him in the top end of halfbacks in the NRL era

From a consistency viewpoint, for mine, it was Brett Kenny and Peter Sterling. Between them they had what you want in a good five eight-halfback pairing, football brains, great passing, good kicking game, solid defence and a good running game (even if Sterlo was as slow as molasses when he ran). They really complemented each other beautifully.

Munky

Coach
Thurston and Morgan when they put it together were pretty awesome. Morgan's 2017 final series is the best run of form I've seen from an individual playee.

My fave for obvious reasons was Gower/Presto.

For single year spine performances the 2003 panthers and 2005 tigers are hard to beat.

Wesser/Gower/Preston/Priddis and hodgson/prince/marshall/farah at top form were magical.

Robson/Mortimer

almost won the 2009 premiership. That’s how bad your team was that year.

To be fair that year Hayne was a one man playmaking machine at full back.

The two halves pretty much lost that grand final IIRC. I believe Hoffman and Blair setup tries by perfectly isolating them and running straight through.

Vee

First Grade
Gregory/Edwards. That Wigan side of the late 80's early 90's was insane and won 8 CC's and 7 League tiles plus world club challenges.
They were only playing against other Poms. They got pumped when they played the Aussies. Edwards barely played FGin Oz.

perverse

Referee
Because no-one has said it, and to get a bit of that-guy-from-my-team in - Andrew and Matty Johns were great together until Matty started slipping. I miss being the entertainers of the NRL.

Latest posts