What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best is Worst

birdsteeth

Juniors
Yes footy fans, after a long hiatus Birdsteeth is back bringing you all poignant information on how to correct the current Raiders situation. After carefully reviewing the match DVD, I've decided that Colin Best is indeed worst! Feeble high-ball contests, poor defence, laughable ball control and the odd brain explosion all add up to make Mr Best the worst off season signing for the Raiders since Brad Drew. Perhaps the Raiders management is trying to save face in leaving him on there, they've obviously spent a fair bit of cash on him and don't want to look like fools for signing him and giving him a run over talented youngsters such as Bronx Goodwin. I'm not looking for a scapegoat over the Raiders bad loss to Manly today, but come on! Once Jamie Lyon worked out that Best was the weakest link, he turned the game in Manly's favour by peppering Best's wing with everything they had. So come on Raiders fans, lets get behind a movement to have Colin Best dropped back to the reserves for the Cowra Magpies (doubtful he would even get a run there, what with the surprising depth in the Cowra camp). I'm sure you all agree that Best is Lest!
(No offence Colin, I just want what's Best for Canberra!)

mongoose

Coach
He is not first grade standard. He was on the end of a very good backline at the dragons and his defence was even suspect with them. He is only in the squad for his token experience.

aussies1st

Staff member
He has done jack all for us this season, no passion, no pace, no defence, no nothing.
Howell ain't much better.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
hey Brad Drew lead us to like 8 consecutive wins! give him a break we had a heaps of issues then to tho...Best has been pretty shiza every now and again u see something there but as u said then his brain explodes

nickraider

Juniors
julian87 said:
Best is by far our best winger. Its a bit hard when all the other three quarters suck.

Mate, have you been sniffing paint or something!! Best is sh*te. Only in the side becuase of his reputation as a finisher at the Dragons - our big off-season signing!!! Should be playing PL next week after that performance.

Timbo

Staff member
He is horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Doesn't jump to contest the high ball, slaps at the opponent instead of tackling, and don't start me on his attempted 'strip' in the second half.

Time to bring in Goodwin. Hell, Royston Lightning would be better.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Best has gotta go. Kelly showed enough that he should push Best back to Reggies when he returns from injury

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Mal's Milk said:
Best has gotta go. Kelly showed enough that he should push Best back to Reggies when he returns from injury

We can't afford to wait that long, punt him now along with Howell. Wouldn't mind betting there both in the side next week though.

legend

Coach
I love it. Both of these guys suck big time and should never be allowed near first grade again.

Maybe the club will swap Howell with Jennings and then everyone is happy, especially Elliott and Panthers fans. ;-)

Latest posts