What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 'keeper in the world

Anonymous

Juniors
I meant on a purely international level.

If you want to go domestic.....................Geeeez.......

Darren Berry has fantastic gloves, as does Englands James Foster. Robbie Hart from Kiwiland struck me as somewhat impressive as well.

salivor

First Grade
Timbo said:
Robbie Hart from Kiwiland struck me as somewhat impressive as well.

Robbie Hart is pretty average. He struggles with his mobility and footwork a lot of the time and has dropped a few sitters in his time as the NZ test keeper. He's not a long term goal but rather a patch up job in the wake of Parore's retirement.

Anonymous

Juniors
Speaking of Kiwi keepers, why hasn't McCullum come into the test side? He is clearly being groomed as the next Kiwi long term keeper, and whilst (IMO) Hart is a good gloveman, he's an average bat, somthing that McCullum has potential with.

salivor

First Grade
Timbo said:
Speaking of Kiwi keepers, why hasn't McCullum come into the test side? He is clearly being groomed as the next Kiwi long term keeper, and whilst (IMO) Hart is a good gloveman, he's an average bat, somthing that McCullum has potential with.

I think the custom at the moment for NZ cricket and a few other countries is to make players earn their stripes in one day cricket before getting a spot in the test squad. Hopefully McCullum's test debut is not far away.

Iafeta said:
Fair dinkum SW? I hear he was a good painter or something as well. He'll be kicking himself that he came through the same era as Alec Stewart, he could have been something very special. I can't believe he didn't play more for England. Is he still going around with Gloucestershire?

I distinctly recall the 91/92 series he played against New Zealand. His keeping to Tufnell was exempory, and he took some amazing catches of their seamers. By golly he was good.

He played for Glous last season.
I dont really know his personal details just that he is highly reguarded with in his county.
I know Mark Bracewell quite well Jonnies brother.

Anonymous

Juniors
salivor said:
Timbo said:

I think the custom at the moment for NZ cricket and a few other countries is to make players earn their stripes in one day cricket before getting a spot in the test squad. Hopefully McCullum's test debut is not far away.

Well for Hart it seems to be the reverse! I do seem to recall him playing a solitary ODI somewhere along the line, during that seriously injury ravaged period of Kiwi cricket and I think McMillan may have even skippered the side.

I find it odd that they threw him in there once and never gave him another crack.

salivor

First Grade
Timbo said:
salivor said:
Timbo said:

Well for Hart it seems to be the reverse! I do seem to recall him playing a solitary ODI somewhere along the line, during that seriously injury ravaged period of Kiwi cricket and I think McMillan may have even skippered the side.

I find it odd that they threw him in there once and never gave him another crack.

Well Hart is a bit different as he entered international cricket at a late age with a ton of domestic experience behind him so he didn't really need to earn any stripes.
He did play 2 ODI's in Pakistan in 2002 but he didn't help his cause only taking 1 catch, 0 stumpings and getting out for a duck in his one innings with the bat on top of a pretty average domestic record with the bat.

Craig

Juniors
Timbo said:

He's still not technically up to it just yet.

His 'keeping still has more work to do.

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think Boucher will ever quite live down two moments in his career - the single sham against Sri Lanka at the World Cup, and the bad dropped catch off Stephen Fleming against New Zealand. Fleming won the match brilliantly off that.

wittyz chick

Coach
nor will he 4get the 'sitter' against ? (i 4get) that wud brake a world record...from an interview i read he remembers it vividly n it still haunts him

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Wade Seccombe best keeper.

if u ask most ppl involed in state cricket in aus and aus coach's (ian healy also said it but i think he was being modest) darren berry is tech the best in aus i'm not saying this cause i am from vic in fact i cant stand him and i think he is waisting our time he really cant bat and is holding young adam croswaite back. but wade secome comes a close 2nd but he is a much better bat.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
yeah thats the thing i dont get sure roach can bat a bit but we really need to look to the long term here and if he proves him self a bit he will have the right timing to take ova from gilly when gilly calls it quits if aus go for a youngter rather than a quick fix.

Poida_Raider

Bench
how good was indias partiv patel.. :lol: :lol:
what did he miss like 10 stumpings over our summer, i dont think he made any anyways and i know he missed alot.. shocking stuff really, dont know whats wrong with him in that department.