What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best not turn on Thursday Night with Matty Johns

matPORTS

Juniors
Our Maestro has made his triumphant return to the media.

Analysis of Nathan Cleary's performance tonight "his deft kicking game resulted in points". Great insights from the man who once said that "tries from kicks don't count".

They are about to discuss his coaching career on the "Matty's MySpace" segment.

matPORTS

Juniors
Matty asked him who he'd like to coach now and he said Penrith. Then he went on to compliment how good their system currently is, they've got it right, etc.

So... you had a decent junior nursery at your disposal, but still persisted with plodders?

Maybe if your mate Gus was still GM at Penrith you might have had a chance at some stage? Or maybe that's how you managed to fabricate your contract renewals for so long (Gus was trying to poach you that whole time).

Gareth67

First Grade
8F6181AE-CE6F-4ED0-A9AA-91C7B9E109BE.jpeg

“ Well fellas how do you think I went ? Hollywood material eh , yuk, yuk . I must say that it was a pleasant change speaking with people that are on my level instead of those thick -heads back at the Dragons . Anyhow take care and I do hope that my understudy Deano will live up to my expectations of him as the new coach for the next 3 years , yuk , yuk . “

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
Clearly some of the Fox "journos" are lining their mate Peanut up for some work. Only result will be drop in ratings as all Saints fans switch off .
Id better go and update my vote on Best and Worst Commentators from Gal to Mary

Walpole

Juniors
Matty asked him who he'd like to coach now and he said Penrith. Then he went on to compliment how good their system currently is, they've got it right, etc.

So... you had a decent junior nursery at your disposal, but still persisted with plodders?

Maybe if your mate Gus was still GM at Penrith you might have had a chance at some stage? Or maybe that's how you managed to fabricate your contract renewals for so long (Gus was trying to poach you that whole time).
No doubt he'd like to coach Penrith because all the hard work has been done for him. It would be an interesting experiment to see how quickly he could turn them into a 10th place team. In the interests of science Penrith should sign him up and send the Cleary's over to us.

thebigredv

First Grade
Felt sorry that I bagged him on the forum - he looked shell shocked - not sure if that was because he was sitting next to two dingbats in Fletch and Hindy or whether he is down and out at the moment

He is adamant he doesn't care what critics outside his workplace think of him. I think he is honest about that. His inability to take on feedback and persist with failing plans is what gave him the delusional tag.

On a personal level, good on him for sticking to his guns, but I will never understand how he was allowed to come in and set our club back 5 years. We had every right to criticise his coaching. It was not up to St George standards.

Offer Robinson or Bellamy something they can't refuse.

matPORTS

Juniors
He is adamant he doesn't care what critics outside his workplace think of him. I think he is honest about that. His inability to take on feedback and persist with failing plans is what gave him the delusional tag.

On a personal level, good on him for sticking to his guns, but I will never understand how he was allowed to come in and set our club back 5 years. We had every right to criticise his coaching. It was not up to St George standards.

Offer Robinson or Bellamy something they can't refuse.

Agreed !

With passing time the more and more the fan base is becoming underwhelmed with the coaching options we are seeking (especially as all roads seem to lead towards Dean Young remaining on staff in some capacity).

Robinson gets the three-peat... why can't we make an offer in the week after the GF and entice him towards a new challenge? What have we got to lose by waiting? Griffin, Furner, Young won't be getting hired by anyone else. If anything this would make a very spicy story for the game and make ANZAC Day even more of a showpiece event. If Fitzgibbon is ready he can just take over at the Roosters.

Mjab

Juniors
remember the bullshit with Mary

"we need to upgrade and extend his contract now before he gets snapped up, lots clubs are interested" from the manager and club

Hopefully the club realises this bullshit about the 3 Amigos

We Dont need to pay overs for these 2nd tier coaches or long contracts

This Year?

Immortal
I felt like it was pity/taking the piss when they were talking to him. Was interesting when they asked him who the best trainers in the club were and how there were a few names that weren't named as non-complainers.
To me it highlighted how soft our playing group is.