What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Rugby League biographies.

I'm looking for some reading material.
What are the best Rugby League biographies you've read that you would recommend.

JJ

Immortal
most of them are pretty standard - readable, but safe. Agree, Vautin's is a good read...

I enjoyed Mario Fenech's - Personal Best, I think it was called.

soc123_au

Staff member
Five star Brandy was pretty good. A bit sad now in places as it was written before Ben died.

Good as Gould is also interesting.

Matt Johns one is funny, I cant remember what it was called.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most bios are shithouse

But Arthur Beetson's is a standout.

There's also a book about Bumper Farrell

Crazy Steve

Juniors
Moz - My Story (Adrian Morley) is a really good read. Morley isn't afraid to make fun of himself, displays a really good sense of humour, and tells some really ripping yarns.

Was trying to track down the Morley one. Rabs has one out just in time for fathers day.
Beetson an obvious standout for me. Still have Johns and Peard to get through eventually.

A few I've read and enjoyed which I would recommend -

Big Artie: The Autobiography (Arthur Beetson)
Fine Thanks Mate (John Peard)
Supercoach - The Life and Times of Jack Gibson by Andrew Webster.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Matthew Ridge's book "Take No Prisoners" is a good read, very personal and to the point - although like others, it was written and released a year too soon.

gypsy

Bench
The Two of Me ( A Johns) is good. Matty's one, In The Sheds is good as well, although it's only funny stories, no real depth.

What's Glen Buttriss' book called?

Latest posts