What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best rugby league debuts

nrlnrl

First Grade
My favourite was Mark McLinden for the Raiders.
Round 5 1998
Canberra 26 V Manly 20
Laurie Daley got hurt and Mark McLinden came on with Manly well in front. I think it might have been Andrew McFaddens first game from the bench as well,
That was McLinden's 3rd game (his debut was in Round 3 against Cowboys)

King hit

Coach
Amos Roberts scoring 22 on debut is pretty special. Michael O’Connors origin debut in 1985 as well.

kdalymc

Bench
Johns vs the Rabbits (run on debut) in 1994...23 points
they call this his debut. but back in the day even if you played off the bench it wasnt counted as a game. i know johns played a heap before this. maybe a few. dumb rule tho

DeeJ

Bench
I can still remember Kieran Foran's debut for Manly. It was very solid for a young half but what stood out the most was his defence. Big forwards were running at him all game and he was meeting them and crunching them. Very impressive stuff.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I can still remember Kieran Foran's debut for Manly. It was very solid for a young half but what stood out the most was his defence. Big forwards were running at him all game and he was meeting them and crunching them. Very impressive stuff.
Shame about some of the decisions he's made in life. It's incredible that he's allowed to play in the NRL. Shit bloke

Diesel

Referee
He scored with his first touch from memory

Vee

First Grade
Can't be shagged reading the thread. Someone mentioned Luke Brooks, yeah?

wittyfan

Referee
After seeing the Chooseday Night Football choices this week, what about some thoughts on best debuts ?

Some that have been mentioned in the CNF thread - SBW, Amos Roberts, Benji Marshall, Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer & Chris Lawrence.
Moses - Tigers v Bulldogs 2014