What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best stadium to watch Footy and why?

ash the bash

Juniors
Shark park is great however the sharks fans are a little conservative they don't seem to make as much noise!!

Oki is cool great atmosphere however it was a bit anowing since i was sitting at the bottom of the hill and there were people walking by all the time getting in the way,

Overall i think the SFS is the greatest lovely viewing, with big crowds has a good atmoshphere as well.

Those are mine feel free to write about your favorite grounds to watch footy it can be biased or what you feel is important in atmophere etc,

i haven't been to many of the other grounds however coming seasons will tell me what i think of them ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Shark Park is the worst ground for atmosphere....apart from the Baseball stadium & ANZ.

Parra & SFS are lights years ahead of any other RL stadium......brillant seating, atmosphere & facilites piss all over their rivals.

greeneyed

First Grade
The SFS is great, except when it rains. Telstra Stadium is no good for club games, and some seats are way too far away, but when full it has a brilliant atmosphere.

Of the small stadiums, the best are Parramatta Stadium and Canberra Stadium.

Haven't been to Suncorp, so don't know about it, but it does look very good, now they have fixed the pitch. ANZ was hopeless.

Every ground in Sydney apart from Telstra, SFS and Parramatta is not too good, Penrith is on the borderline. The Showground has good facilities but a strange configuration. Most others have substandard facilities.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I like penrith
just some great memories of sitting on the family hill and watching footy

SP

Bench
ive only ever been to Penrith stadium (most games in 2000) & parramatta (once in 1999) and i liked watching at Penrith

i wouldnt mind going to lang park this yr, i reckon that would be a mad stadium to watch footy at

AuckMel

Bench
Carlaw Park.

No stadium I've been in has ever matched the atmosphere that place created.

thomo

Juniors
I've watched games at SFS, SCG, WIN, Kogarah, Redfern, Belmore and Shark Park. Of those, the SFS is by far and away the best to watch footy at (as long as you aren't buying food or drink there!!!). Also, went to Canberra Stadium for the first time during the RWC and was pretty impressed by the atmosphere there - but the public transport setup was atrocious.

Poida_Raider

Bench
i havent actally been there, but my uncle loves the broncos, and went to a few games at suncorp last year, and said it was amazing, hes been to heaps of grounds so i'll take his word for it.. they always get healthy crowds up there, so i spose being close to the action, and having 40000 people there makes it one of the best for watching football.

but i spose the point is i havent been there.

Poida_Raider

Bench
so i spose for places i've been i'd say the sfs, because its designed especially for the rectangle field games, so its close enough to get a good viewing of the game.. atmosphere is very good when theres a few fans in the house.

Booyah

Bench
SFS is the best Stadium to watch a game of footy from. The only downside I can see is the lack of cover for when it rains, but that's a pretty small price to pay.

For the suburban grounds, you can't beat Shark Park or Leichardt Oval. They're both great for mine.

Absolutley hate the Showground, and I'm not a fan of Telstra stadium either.

The Observer

Staff member
Central Coast Stadium is a fantastic little stadium. Mountain on one side, water on the other, very comfortable and good view of the action.

Kiwipanther

Juniors
Penrith Stadium without a doubt, Penrith's the number 1 ground for atmosphere. Night games are unreal, sun set's over the mountains, very beautiful.

I really dislike both Telstra and Aussie Stadiums they have no heart or character.

The Observer

Staff member
Ash, I visited Carrara Stadium in Ashmore in April 2002, and it was run down. It needs a lot of work to be brought up to anywhere near NRL standards. Its also circular shaped.

Red Bear

Referee
Having been to...Win, SFS, North Sydney Oval, Shark Park, Telstra i would say that the best to watch from is most definately the SFS but the nicest and my favourite ground is North Sydney Oval.

Latest posts