What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best start to a season

franklin2323

Immortal
Interesting stat if we win on Friday night this will be the best start to a season since 1997. (4 Wins)

Prior to that was in 1991 first 3 rounds 2 wins 1 draw!!!

Now the Sharks and Parra suck. We are a chance to going to round 10 with a couple of losses.

mxlegend99

Referee
By the same token our worst season in the past 5 years was after starting 2/2 aswell. All it took was a Soward injury and from that point on injuries snowballed.

Although even if we go 3/3. It could potentially be against 3 teams who have lost 3/3. Not that any of us care where our 6 competition points came from. We can't beat teams we havent played yet, obviously.

And how good is it seeing so many teams on zero wins?

OldPanther

Coach
Interesting stat if we win on Friday night this will be the best start to a season since 1997. (4 Wins)

Prior to that was in 1991 first 3 rounds 2 wins 1 draw!!!

The best time line.

By the same token our worst season in the past 5 years was after starting 2/2 aswell. All it took was a Soward injury and from that point on injuries snowballed.

Although even if we go 3/3. It could potentially be against 3 teams who have lost 3/3. Not that any of us care where our 6 competition points came from. We can't beat teams we havent played yet, obviously.

And how good is it seeing so many teams on zero wins?

Lets hope we stay fit.

A lot of winnable games coming up too.

Toughest in the first 10 weeks is probably the Sharks at Cronulla, still very winnable though.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our toughest game WAS the Cowboys. Play like we did against them and we will be sitting on 7 or 8 wins after 10 rounds.

Soft draw?

I’m not sure about that, but on current form our draw does get tougher from week 12 onwards.

Dragons
Roosters
Raiders
Manly x 2
Warriors
Sharks
Brisbane

We’ll play between rounds 12-20

But who knows if those teams will stay in form?

From rounds 20-25

Raiders
Titans
Knights
Warriors
Storm

So that middle part of the season looks the toughest right now, but things can obviously change.

Abacus

Juniors
I’m not sure about that, but on current form our draw does get tougher from week 12 onwards.

Dragons
Roosters
Raiders
Manly x 2
Warriors
Sharks
Brisbane

We’ll play between rounds 12-20

But who knows if those teams will stay in form?

From rounds 20-25

Raiders
Titans
Knights
Warriors
Storm

So that middle part of the season looks the toughest right now, but things can obviously change.

Might be easiest to judge the ease of the draw after we've played them all and won JJ Giltinan Shield.

TheFrog

Coach
(Premature evaluation?)
I was going to suggest something only slightly different. It is April 1st though after all.

A top 4 on March form would be Merge, Wakkas us and take your pick for 4th. Tigers I'd say because they deserved a point from last week, and they have yet to lose fair and square.

Abacus

Juniors
no but dumb we play Eels twice so close together.
Meh, its been happening for years that teams can play each other twice within a few weeks.
Must be a nightmare to arrange the draw taking into account who wants to play who when and where, ground availability, minimising 5 day turnarounds etc.
If it means playing a couple of the better teams from last year before they've hit their straps, I'm happy with that.

OldPanther

Coach
Meh, its been happening for years that teams can play each other twice within a few weeks.
Must be a nightmare to arrange the draw taking into account who wants to play who when and where, ground availability, minimising 5 day turnarounds etc.
If it means playing a couple of the better teams from last year before they've hit their straps, I'm happy with that.

Totally understandable. It's not a big deal just a personal preference.

I don't envy the NRL for having to meet all the different interests with the draw.