What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best thing about the game

Bigfella

Coach
Was that we won by one point, so that the field goal ended up being the difference.

What a freakishly calm and skilful piece of work.

Absolutely brilliant - deserves its own thread!

T.S Quint

Coach
I thought the best part was the halftime entertainment.
Those singers really got me pumped for the second half.

mickdo

Coach
After all the golden point games we've lost to them over the years, I always love winning by a point :)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How good was the touch finding kick of the penalty??? Made well over 50m, and the way he calmly potted it over like it was nothing. I said to a few mates watching the game that will win us the game. Glad I was right for once.

Bigfella

Coach
I think it also shows the reason why he is the only choice as captain.

The captain's main role is to take decisions and manage his players to give the team the best chance if winning the game.

He was miles ahead of everyone with that play. I think sandow was close to being ont he same page but was thinking bomb. He also made the decision to take both kicks. It was a combination of vision, skill, and leadership.

cv8z

Juniors
How good was the touch finding kick of the penalty??? Made well over 50m, and the way he calmly potted it over like it was nothing. I said to a few mates watching the game that will win us the game. Glad I was right for once.

With his big boot, wonder why he doesn't kick for touch or drop out more often
I know he can't and shouldn't have to do everything, but he pretty much has it all

EelsFan05

Bench
With his big boot, wonder why he doesn't kick for touch or drop out more often
I know he can't and shouldn't have to do everything, but he pretty much has it all

IMO Ricky is trying to keep Sandow as involved in the games as possible, so that he doesn't get the chance to take a back seat and "let Hayne do it".

eel01s

Bench
Actually, some of Sandow's kicks for touch have been outstanding. We are making so much more ground with our kicking game now, thanks to Sandow and Hayne.

Gronk

Staff member
I was pumped about Hayne's level of confidence. I like the way that Ricky has him playing more of a running game now that Kelly can steer the team around. Sandow can chime in from time to time when he could be bothered.

As much as the FG won us the game, I actually give Hayne credit for winning us the game by holding up Jack Read.

andy777

Juniors
there was a few positives in the win

Haynes field goal, his try saving efforts

was impressed with Api's defence on debut

when the fisty cuffs broke out Darcy didn't hold back threw a few uppercuts

Gronk

Staff member
there was a few positives in the win

Haynes field goal, his try saving efforts

was impressed with Api's defence on debut

when the fisty cuffs broke out Darcy didn't hold back threw a few uppercuts

Not only that, Darcy ran 115m and was second best forward behind Thaiday.

Tooooks

Bench
I was impressed how Hayne handled a fired up Allgood, who looked like he was ready to break free and run over for another fight.

mickdo

Coach
I was impressed how Hayne handled a fired up Allgood, who looked like he was ready to break free and run over for another fight.

Was just about to post the same. Probably kept Allgood from being sent off for the duration.

DeanPay98

Juniors
A little bit of schadenfreude, but in the Cronulla game Jeff Robson got the ball and ran to the blind side where Cronulla had a 4-2 overlap. What did Robson do? He kicked the ball straight to the opposition winger who returned it strongly. I think the other team scored shortly thereafter.

I'm really glad that we have Hayne and Sandow.

andy777

Juniors
Not only that, Darcy ran 115m and was second best forward behind Thaiday.

he has been solid so far, even manages the offload

these young guys kelepi, peni, and api have all brought enthusiasm to the team

forward pass

Coach
I was amazed that third man Thaiday was a bit late for this one - probably forth or fifth !!!

Also - Allgood really impresses me. Not the most skilful forward around, but I love his passion. He does as much talking as any other player out there.

And lastly, the final play of the game by Hodges seemed to be incredibly selfish. Surely he should have let the ball go or kick for his wingers rather then himself. Damn good player though !

Bigfella

Coach
I was amazed that third man Thaiday was a bit late for this one - probably forth or fifth !!!

Also - Allgood really impresses me. Not the most skilful forward around, but I love his passion. He does as much talking as any other player out there.

And lastly, the final play of the game by Hodges seemed to be incredibly selfish. Surely he should have let the ball go or kick for his wingers rather then himself. Damn good player though !

This is the reason I gave loko a point. Not just that play, but the error hodges made a few minutes earlier when he actually half beat loko.

Loko had not only contained hodges but actually got the better of him. At club level hodges is one of the most effective individual players. His presence is worth at least one try per game for the broncs. When he doesn't play they are a much worse side and the betting market is substantially affected. He has absolutely carved young and experienced centres and wingers this year and the last few.

I think he had in his head that loko had gotten the better of him and he wanted badly to set the record straight. Those two errors were massive and I reckon loko earned them from him with his efforts previously.

He may not be the worlds best defensive centre but if he can throw a lot a his opposite number in attack it will reduce what that bloke does when he gets the ball. Plus he did get some goo shots in. It was a huge performance from a bloke at his stage of development.

To be honest I don't expect nsw to do that to hodges in origin.