What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best thing you've ever won

astrogirl

First Grade
Till this year, the best thing I have ever won is a fling camera in a maccas 2nd chance draw when I was about 10 years old.

In the last two months I have won a $100 dinner at a restaurant somewhere in the rocks, and a seaplane ride over Sydney harbour.

Woohoo :crazy:

Parki

Bench
yeah.... we beat 5 year old kids

they had nothing to spend it on but candy, we had illegitimate children to feed...

les norton

First Grade
I know its gambling and doesnt really count but i won like $2500 on saintly in the melbourne cup a few years back.

I won a game show when I was a kid. Crappy books and board games.

MY dad just won third prize in the like an art union thing and got a $3000 voucher to harvey normans. 2nd prize was a BMW that he said he would of given to me :( but he needs a new computer so good on the old sod.

[furrycat]

Coach
My ex won $10,000 and a trip for 2 to Paris after texting the winner on Australia's next top model :lol:

I won some cool stuff as a kid. An old-school twin fin surfboard when I was about 10 (never rode it once), and a top of the line Kookaburra cricket bat at about 12.

Since then, not much. A few real handy collects on the punt, but plenty of ass-kickings in between.

~bedsy~

First Grade
The best thing I have proebebly won would be a toss up between a Knights jersey and Semi-final tix in 2004.

NC

Juniors
About 2 months ago I won a banner design competition. One of my favourite unsigned bands wanted some banners to put on their website and for their fans to use to help promote the band and their music, and yeah, I won. I got a t-shirt, CD, signed stuff, badges and tickets and backstage passes to one of their shows.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
The only thing I ever remember winning is two Grand Final tickets from Rugby League Week in 2000. When we bombed out against the Roosters, I decided not to even bother going.

Nikki

Coach
Ive won heaps of Random Stuff.. But this year I won "Best seats in the House" Competition at Parra. Had me sittin in with the players.. Was the second time I had sat there... But they ARE great seats to sit in..

roopy

Referee
My father was always winning things - but he did gamble about a third of his income I'd say.
He won about 5 super jackpots on poker machines - up to about 12k for some of them i think.
He won 10k on the lottery in the early 70s - which was big money at the time - and 76k on the soccer pools in the early 80s - which paid off his mortgage and for a trip to England.

My brother also won 100k on the lottery about 15 years ago and set himself up pretty well with it.

I do my gambelling on the sharemarket and have done pretty well at it - enough to semi-retire anyway.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
two years ago when i was volunteering at work for mchappy day we had a guessing contest for how many jelly beans were in the jar, i donated money and the guy that was working said i had to put a guess down seeing as i gave money ..... i won lol there was like 800 in there, the mangers were like oh great one of our crew ppl won :lol: they lasted for ages!

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
a basket filled with chips, lollies and drinks...

i bet you will never guess who was selling the tickets for it...

i might also ad it was worth about 100 bucks... who said crime doesnt pay?

garden fairy

Juniors
Pickle, you didn't mention the $20,000 plasma tv that dad won, which technically belongs to us...especially once we kill our parents off...lol.

My dad bought our nan a DVD player for Christmas one year from the Sony website, and he received an email a couple of weeks later to say that he had won a competition he was automatically entered into when he bought it. He thought it was a hoax until they called to say they were delivering the top-of-the-line Sony Plasma TV the next day.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've never had much luck with stuff like this. When I was about eight I had a boom year, winning a box of Roses in some competition at a fete and then winning a cake box decorating contest at my own school's fete.

Won an essay writing contest in year nine (my first real publication, yeah!).

Best thing though would have been two backstage, wet tickets (free booze) to the Big Day Out that The Darkness and Metallica were playing. I won by freestyling (bet you didn't know I could do that). Also got Jet's first album and a Strokes album. Couldn't go to BDO though, and my buyer pulled out late. So now I have expensive bookmarks.