What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best/worst banners you've seen at the footy (and the specimens that hold them)

Tom Shines

First Grade
BEST:
- The banner that started a sensation, and even became the hashtag for the Warriors twitter account, "LETS GONE WARRIORS"
- "YOUNG HORNBY HUNT"
- "I LIKE C.HICKS, BEAVER"

WORST:
- The woman with the "WHO LET DA WOLFMAN OUT...? I DID!" banner, with her face painted next to that of David Williams. Truly frightening, and besides the wording makes zero sense.
- "FORGET THE HAYNE TRAIN... CATCH THE MANLY PLANE!"
- "PUSH IT UP MANLY"
- The Asian bloke with the Quagmire "SYDNEY ROOSTERS - GIGGITY GIGGITY" banner, or in fact any banner with a cartoon character mocked up wearing that team's jersey

Dutchy

Immortal
Sat not too far behind giggity Asian during the week 1 finals game. He's a character.

Puntastic

Juniors
Is the whole Quagmire banner supposed to be "a Rooster = a c**k" joke?

That's what I always thought anyway.

Edit: I think the classic (albeit overstated) "Who needs a Big Willie when you've got a great Tongue" deserves mention too.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
PUSH IT UP! MANLY! has to be one of the worst going around at the moment. Pretty sure the exclamation marks were added later too, weren't they? Was it to give it some sort of context rather than suggesting something overtly homosexual? It was a bit like the MEN IN BLACKLOCK banner of old ..

BOMB THE SHIRE is a personal favourite, having appeared on the Kogarah Oval hill circa 2003.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
13zd44h.jpg

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Sat not too far behind giggity Asian during the week 1 finals game. He's a character.

I've met him a couple of times.

Nice guy. Passionate about his team. Just can't make a good sign.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure he actually did.

Charlie124

First Grade
I loved when the Roosters signed Braith Anasta from the Bulldogs which was a huge signing at the time. Shortly after, the Roosters played the Dogs and someone held a banner up saying "We'll take your Braith away".

Great St. George Team could be counted among the worst, in that its meaning or reference is so out of date its not even remotely clever anymore. However, its been around so long and the bloke travels to every game with it, its become part of the furniture and it wouldnt be the same if it werent there anymore.

_Johnsy

Referee
I can't believe that "stoooopid eagles" is yet to get a mention, along with LOL@souffs & Gordie ya mums a rig are the clear winners thus far.

Had a good laugh at the loser Souffs fans with the "NSWRL DOESN'T LIKE US, WE DON'T CARE" (on a massive bed sheet showing they do care) and "Dopey Daley has no Merritt!" after the origin 1 teams were selected.

"Sydney Bill Williams" with SBW's face on it is pretty bad.

Dutchy

Immortal
images

Cant for the life of me find the Stoopid Eegles banner.

Vs Dragons around 2004 wasn't it?

gronkathon

First Grade

I have seen him 7 or 8 times over the years at NRL and State Cup games.

On all bar one of those occasions he was a) being chased b) being punched or c) being pushed and yelled at

Latest posts